Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just getting into shooting, started with a pistol now I want to get into rifles. Next week I am going to pick up a 10/22 I-TAC and I want to learn the iron sights but I also want to get a scope for it.

Robot Check

That is the scope I want to get for it. Big reason is because I can put this scope on my future rifles as I upgrade. Will this fit on this rifle without any gunsmith modifications and if it will fit do I need rings or a rail. I am hearing both and I figured I would come to the Ruger Fans to help me get this going.

Thanks,

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am just getting into shooting, started with a pistol now I want to get into rifles. Next week I am going to pick up a 10/22 I-TAC and I want to learn the iron sights but I also want to get a scope for it.

Robot Check

That is the scope I want to get for it. Big reason is because I can put this scope on my future rifles as I upgrade. Will this fit on this rifle without any gunsmith modifications and if it will fit do I need rings or a rail. I am hearing both and I figured I would come to the Ruger Fans to help me get this going.

Thanks,
Looks like a good one! good luck

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,703 Posts
Wake, The Leupold scope you selected is for a high power rifle and is parallax corrected for 100 yards. For your new 10/22, you will want a "rimfire" scope that is either parallax corrected for 50~60 yards or one that has an adjustable objective lens (AO) for parallax correction at virtually any distance from 10 yards to way beyond the range of the rifle.

Here's a much better selection for a 10/22 ... a Nikon 2~7X P-Rimfire Nikon P-Rimfire 2-7x32 Riflescope FREE S&H 16314, 16313

or a 3~9x EFR with an AO Nikon® ProStaff Target EFR 3-9x40 Rifle Scope FREE S&H 6734. Nikon® Rifle Scopes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts