Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first gun, 10/22 carbine. I am near sighted in my right eye and am looking for an optically good scope for less than 100 bucks. I plan to mostly go to the gun range and learn to shoot.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,553 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the new 10/22. Check out the Optics Planet website for a lot of good options. They have always shipped quickly for me. You don't say what range you plan to shoot at . You can get by with fixed parallax from 25yds on out, but adjustable is nice. Check out the Hawke 2-7x32mm AO scope with mil dot reticle. It seems to have good reviews and offers a lot for just over $100.00. I have also had good luck with Bushnell and Simmons scopes in the $90.00 range.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Optically good and under $100 may well not go together, depending upon your definition of optically good.

·
Super Moderator
4,043 Posts
Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X32 rimfire. About $125 everywhere. Great scope. Great warranty.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X32 rimfire. About $125 everywhere. Great scope. Great warranty.
I’m on the same page as Bonk. In today’s world $125 is a minimal price point when you factor in the warranty. But I’m sure you could jump on Amazon and find some unrecognizable brand for $29.95.............Ummm, no thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X32 rimfire.

They have a V Plex and Dead Hold, which one should I get?

what’s the difference

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X32 rimfire.

They have a V Plex and Dead Hold, which one should I get?

what’s the difference
what distance are you expecting to shoot at? The Dead Hold style is more useful at longer distances, so 50-yards with a 10/22 might not take advantage of the benefit (.22LR is not a 200-300 yard tack-driver). The crosshairs tapering near the center (V-Plex) is a good option for that distance.

·
Registered
114 Posts
you will like the Vortex Crossfire. i have the 4-12x on my Ruger American Rimfire. the BDC reticle has three hash marks to the left, right and below the center of the cross. the V plex reticle is your traditional cross with thicker lines until the center most section that is about half the thickness. i own many different Vortex scopes with both reticles and i truly believe the V plex is a better option for someone with poor vision. the BDC reticle is so much thinner that against a dark back drop its sometimes difficult to make out. btw, its covered by their lifetime warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts