Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to pick up a 10/22 soon! I found my old Weaver 3x9 Scope! Yea cheap scope but paid for 25+ tears ago lol The problem I am having is finding rings to fit ! They are 7/8" not 1" Tested size by fitting in a 7/8" wrench and a 1" way loose in a 1" snug in 7/8" , All I can find is 1" mounts! Not looking for 50$ mounts for a 30$ scope :) Thanks

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Brownells 1" to 7/8" scope ring reducers

Link provided will take you to brownells to buy a set of 1" to 7/8" scope ring reducers. They're machined delrin and will key inside of any 1" ring to reduce it down to fit your old school scope tube.

When installing these, the lip, or flange should be on the rear side of the ring to ensure the recoiling rifle "pulls" the insert and scope along with it. It's a good idea, if you don't need to re-use the rings in the future for a 1" scope, to epoxy the inserts into the rings permanently. The delrin can be lapped just like normal scope rings, and will provide a great gripping surface for your scope.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brownells 1" to 7/8" scope ring reducers

Link provided will take you to brownells to buy a set of 1" to 7/8" scope ring reducers. They're machined delrin and will key inside of any 1" ring to reduce it down to fit your old school scope tube.

When installing these, the lip, or flange should be on the rear side of the ring to ensure the recoiling rifle "pulls" the insert and scope along with it. It's a good idea, if you don't need to re-use the rings in the future for a 1" scope, to epoxy the inserts into the rings permanently. The delrin can be lapped just like normal scope rings, and will provide a great gripping surface for your scope.
Thankyou very much. That is what I need :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts