Ruger Forum banner

Scope with factory sights

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  pistolpositive 
#1 ·
For Christmas I gave my granddaughter's boyfriend a basic 10/22 (vinyl stock/blued barrel). He has mentioned that he would like be to keep the regular sights, and still have a scope mounted on it.
Any suggestions for accomplishing this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Does he want to be able to use the iron sights with the scope mounted? Might be kinda tough to do. You can find high rise mounts, but I think they would still block the rear sight.

#6 ·
He has put the ruger rail on his. Bottom part of rear sight not visible.
How about high scope mount, high iron sights? My two 10/22s are standard vinyl stock with stainless barrel and Nikon pro staff scope and a breakdown with after market high visibility sights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#9 ·
I have been using those See- Thru scope mounts on my 10/22 since it was new in the late 1980's. They work great. I have a 2-8x32 scope that gives me precise shot placement out past 100yds. The iron sights allow head shots on squirrels at 10yds . I think it's the best of both worlds.

Attachments

#10 ·
The cheapest way is to use see-through rings but they raise the line of sight too high.
I also wanted to be able to remove my scope and still use the irons.
I used the factory base with Weaver high Quad Lock rings For the irons I installed a Skinner barrel peep rear sight and a .500 height Fiber Optic front sight. Works well.

#11 ·
Another option, go with QD rings. The UTG rings are pretty good and fairly cheap, then when you want to use irons you flip two levers and remove the scope. I've used them with my 10/22 Takedown and with a Savage 308, no issues on either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.