Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this holster? One review I saw said it wouldn't work with the weaver rail which makes no sense to me as that is what most MK owners use to mount an optic of any type.

Here is what that reviewer said: Mark III hunter with the weaver rail mounted red dot does not fit. The opening is too small for the rail

I mostly use iron sights but would like to leave the mount on for an occasional mounting of a red dot.
I did purchase a Fobus some time ago and had to remove the mount because it wouldn't fit in the holster.

I have seen the less expensive Tactical Solutions scoped holster made of Kydex, but I like the looks of the leather better, although I wouldn't rule the Tac Sol out.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I would give my post a bump.

Does anyone have any info on this particular holster? It does look nice, but my main question is, will it accept the MKIII in any barrel size with the stock (as supplied by Ruger) weaver rail in place? I understand that there may be optics that might have issues, but my main reason for wanting to get this, is to be able to leave my rail in place and most likely a Red Dot like my TRS-25 or a Ultra-Dot when I am not using iron sights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts