Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like feedback on scoring this target. I know if they are on the line they count to the highest score but am not sure they are touching. Whatever the majority says I'll score that way.

I think the bottom one is an 8 but the upper right one is close but I don't think its quite a 10. But then I look at it again and think it is.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
"When in doubt, count it out" is what I was always told

the lower one looks like a 8 to me, the other I can't tell (might be the pic) but the white line looks like it is still intact

just one man's opinion lol

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Bottom one an 8 for sure, but that top one - now that is a tough call. In the first picture it looked like a 9 but the close up is harder to call. I think the rule was that the actual hole had to cut the line and tearing didn't count. But on yours, I just can tell.

You could let the contest master make the call. It can be a 10 and will be ok with me.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I always score on the lower side of error. Were it me, I'd call the bottom shot a 7 as the actual hole is more in the 7 area than the line itself. The upper right shot I'd call as a 9 as the hole itself is completely in the 9 area. Either way, it's something that you should :) about.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I always score on the lower side of error. Were it me, I'd call the bottom shot a 7 as the actual hole is more in the 7 area than the line itself. The upper right shot I'd call as a 9 as the hole itself is completely in the 9 area. Either way, it's something that you should :) about.
I will stick with an 8 on that bottom one. As long as the bullet hole cuts the line it goes to the higher # ring. It doesn't have to cut the entire line, just cleanly cut part of it.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The bottom one has broken the line with the hole so I would call it a eight. The hole (not the tear) has completely broken the line. The other one touched the line but did not break the line.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Looks like 45 to me!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
1 eight, 1 nine, 3 tens.

If you look at the close up, you can see the "ring" cuts through the white line.

·
Registered
74 Posts
When in doubt, I like to poke my finger in the hole, make the edges nice and clear. Sometimes I 'may' end up making the hole just a tish bigger.... so I'd count it as a 10! Very nice string.

Ninja edit: You poked a case in there while I was posting this - very good idea.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
If they break the line, highest score.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts