Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a Ruger LCRx and was changing the front sights when I scratched the black finish in two different areas. I was wondering if anyone knows of any methods to fix it or if it is even possible at all with that black finish?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome, bwn

It might help a little to post a picture of the damage.

Also, did you try calling Ruger? They have extremely good customer service and are pretty likely to give good advice. Seeing as it is an unusual finish.

Doc

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
It's called adding character.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Its an aluminum alloy frame so don't use any bluing compounds, however the Ruger LCR is a BUTTUGLY gun so I'm not sure how much damage would have to be done before Cerakoting should take place.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Its an aluminum alloy frame so don't use any bluing compounds, however the Ruger LCR is a BUTTUGLY gun so I'm not sure how much damage would have to be done before Cerakoting should take place.
How can anyone call this beauty BUTTUGLY? ... :confused:

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
How can anyone call this beauty BUTTUGLY? ... :confused:
She's not Butt ugly, but I think I'd still rather fondle her shiny older sisters.
Carrying would be a different story though.

I'd go with the Magic Marker on the scratches too.
I've even been known to polish my boots with one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm not sure if your joking also and playing along with me. Also not sure if your a revolver guy, try looking at a J frame, centennial, S&W K frames, Colt LAwman or D frame guns, Ruger Security Six, SP101 or GP100 HALF lugs. Those guns are beautiful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts