Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I was just reading about this.
This is just not right. All the money this country waste and we can not outfit our war-fighters with enough equipment to fight, God save our country.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
I suspect Hunter owns stock in a gun manufacturing company and is looking for a boost in business...

·
Registered
8,193 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Interesting statistic down in the story.

Special forces numbers have grown in recent times from 33,000 to 56,000.
Of that number 2,710 are SEALS. The rest are Army, Air Force, probably
Marine and other Navy units not part of the SEALs.

Another facet mentioned is that the bulk of ammo is going to units actively
engaged in daily fighting.

Face it, a lot of work is being done, needs to be done and the SEALs in reality
are a small part of the big picture regarding special forces.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
He's a ****ing MARINE!
Yeah, but pork is still pork and if he, or any other politician, wants to promote a pet project what color do you think matters more? I am not faulting him for his time in the Corps... Never said that, but before I take the word of any politician, I want more information.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
After reading the article, in all its grand vague-ness, Im calling political BS.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Most of the active military people I know are saying that the original statements from the Seals are being twisted for politics... or that someone didn't like being deissued and reissued rifles and called the wambulance.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Most of the active military people I know are saying that the original statements from the Seals are being twisted for politics... or that someone didn't like being deissued and reissued rifles and called the wambulance.
That sounds a little more like the truth.

Are we really suppose to believe that some of our best special ops troops are NOT properly fitted with small arms? REALLY???:confused: BULL !

And of course the article reads like a CNN news report. No names, No verifiable sources, NO actual PROOF. Just blind statements we are suppose to believe are fact. Because thats what they are in the habit of doing, reporting their own propoganda as fact if it suits their agenda.

As a Veteran, I would be upset if our troops were not armed properly with rifles,, but I dont believe thats the case.

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
read about this yesterday on a political website. It appears that Obamas program cuts to the Defense Department have forced unwanted and unwarranted consequences. The article said that squads were forced to carry half or less of certain weapons needed, and teams had to share certain weapons. I will try to find the article and submit.

theres nothing on snopes about it. But the inference it was not standard equipment, it was all supposedly special equipment. Things like long range sniper rifles, etc. Things that teams would only have a small number of anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts