Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions regarding a "find" after my mother in law passed away. We have found an original box, instructions and parts list, and what appears to be an unused cylinder, for a 1973 Ruger "new model" single-six. The manual is in perfect condition, and the box is in good condition, and includes the serial number of the revolver still legible on the box. The cylinder appears to be in excellent condition, and never used. No wear marks on it, and all of the bluing is intact. Can anyone help me figure out the value of these items, if any? This would be greatly appreciated.

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,012 Posts
The first thing a potential buyer will want to know is what caliber the cylinder is chambered for. Obtain a .22WMR (22 magnum) cartridge. It will drop completely into a magnum cylinder, but not into one chambered for .22lr.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,406 Posts
There is always a market for Old Model cylinders chambered in either cartridge. The box and papers also have value because most people tossed the box right after they bought the gun. I would ask for $150 for both the cylinder and box, which would include shipping. Once you get 10 posts, you can post your items in the classified ad section but not in a regular forum like this one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts