Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR, + 10/22 Sporter
1,341 Posts
Huge improvement, I'm sure it's happier now!

·
Registered
264 Posts
@Rabbit212
Those grips look good. Couple of questions, my SS, actually a Service Six is in the higher serial number group so I'd want grips to fit that frame. Is your SS in that SN group? Did you have to remove the roll pin from the grips? I had to do that on mine for some Hogues. Thanks in advance.
Best,
Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Rabbit212
Those grips look good. Couple of questions, my SS, actually a Service Six is in the higher serial number group so I'd want grips to fit that frame. Is your SS in that SN group? Did you have to remove the roll pin from the grips? I had to do that on mine for some Hogues. Thanks in advance.
Best,
Rob
Hey Rob, this is a high serial number revolver same as yours. The previous owner had already replaced the original grips with the hogue monogrip but I did not have to remove the pin the hogue uses to secure the little "saddle" the grip screws into. Pretty much removed the hogue and these screwed into place.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi Rabbit,
Thanks, I have some grips like the originals you are showing and had to tap the pin out to fit them. No biggie as it is stored with the wooden grips. I sure do like mine, I wish I had some more .357.
Best,
Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts