Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed the Galloway Precision Seneschal short stroke trigger on my Security 9 Pro and what a heck of a nice trigger it is it really makes a huge difference in three areas. First the pre-travel is less, second and very satisfying to me the reset is shorter.. thank you Galloway the reset from factory was not very good now it's just fine. Third it looks great especially the red trigger, it looks like Ruger. Its my opinion this is a huge upgrade for the Security 9 and not just a "hey look at my cool trigger" no it is money well spent if you like your Security 9. You will have less pre travel and I've weighed the trigger breaks at a little under 5lbs, the trigger weight is about the same as the factory weight I measured it several times and usual it breaks at 4.75lbs.

Below is some pics and I just followed along with the YouTube video from Galloway although I have to admit it is a little harder than he makes it look in the video that guy has probably done dozens of these Security 9 trigger installs. There are some things he does not mention that would make install easier like for instance you should remove your slide release/stop spring as soon as you remove the chassis from frame so it don't go flying and it should be the last thing you re- install before putting chassis back in frame.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice! I have high regard for Galloway Precision based on a few small purchases. I may have to look into this trigger for my Sec 9. Even though I didn’t know I needed it until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! I have high regard for Galloway Precision based on a few small purchases. I may have to look into this trigger for my Sec 9. Even though I didn’t know I needed it until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It really is much better than I anticipated

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The factory trigger for whatever reason hurt my trigger finger, it felt like it was taking a beating even after the first magazine I have never had that happen so extreme with any pistol that I can remember but today I put 200rds down range with the Galloway trigger installed and thankfully it does not bother my trigger finger not even a little.

Just wanted to note that so if your finger is taking a thumping with the factory trigger their is at least one solution.

·
Banned
301 Posts
The factory trigger for whatever reason hurt my trigger finger, it felt like it was taking a beating even after the first magazine I have never had that happen so extreme with any pistol that I can remember but today I put 200rds down range with the Galloway trigger installed and thankfully it does not bother my trigger finger not even a little.

Just wanted to note that so if your finger is taking a thumping with the factory trigger their is at least one solution.
i also installed one on a ec9s its a lot nicer to shoot easy on the finger and very crisp trigger well worth the money.and very easy to install.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Same here. The first thing I noticed when I got my Security 9 was that it made my trigger finger hurt. I have a couple other 9mm pistols and none of them did that. The Galloway trigger fixed the problem.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Another thing is the chassis is the serialized part so the Security 9 is actually modular the frame is just another part.

Just push out the two frame pins and pull out the hammer spring pin and the serialized chassis pulls straight out.

I feel like again I need to warn about the slide catch spring when the chassis is out of frame any slight touch on the slide release button or touch anywhere on the slide stop bar and the spring will pop out.

So it's best to just lay the chassis on the table slide release button side down and the spring and slide catch will pop out on your table in a nice tidy spot instead of flying across the room. When you reinstall you just press spring in and hold the spring and bar in together firmly while at same time putting chassis back in frame. It's like trying to set a mouse trap you know the feeling when you have the bait and spring is set now you just want to get away before you set the trap off well the slide catch and spring is just like that. Below is a pic I like to take many pics when I pull something out before I take things apart it may help when reinstalling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also bought the Senashaw trigger and I really like it. Improvement over the stock polymer trigger that deflects slightly with trigger pull. (Hicock described it best, I think he said spoungy)

The Senashaw provides more positive feel of the trigger. (Most may not notice the deflection, but I kind of a "trigger snob" I need a solid, smooth trigger) The LC9S has a great pull, clean break.

There has been a bunch of talk about reset on the Security 9, it is not a problem for me at all.

Less important the red Senashaw, looks really good, function over appearance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I installed the Galloway Precision Seneschal short stroke trigger on my Security 9 Pro and what a heck of a nice trigger it is it really makes a huge difference in three areas. First the pre-travel is less, second and very satisfying to me the reset is shorter.. thank you Galloway the reset from factory was not very good now it's just fine. Third it looks great especially the red trigger, it looks like Ruger. Its my opinion this is a huge upgrade for the Security 9 and not just a "hey look at my cool trigger" no it is money well spent if you like your Security 9. You will have less pre travel and I've weighed the trigger breaks at a little under 5lbs, the trigger weight is about the same as the factory weight I measured it several times and usual it breaks at 4.75lbs.

Below is some pics and I just followed along with the YouTube video from Galloway although I have to admit it is a little harder than he makes it look in the video that guy has probably done dozens of these Security 9 trigger installs. There are some things he does not mention that would make install easier like for instance you should remove your slide release/stop spring as soon as you remove the chassis from frame so it don't go flying and it should be the last thing you re- install before putting chassis back in frame.
Ha, I know what you mean about the spring going into yonder land. I put mine in about 6 months ago and love it but after coming back from the range yesterday I noticed some "burrs" where it looks like the barrel assembly is slamming back into the frame. After talking to Ruger rep, they want to see it, so, out came the trigger this evening so the gun can go back as a "factory pistol". The photo attached is horrible but you can get an idea of what is happening. It's marring both sides of the frame, the side with the slide lock is worst. You need to keep an eye on the pin holding the safety feature on the main trigger, mine would back out after several hundred rounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha, I know what you mean about the spring going into yonder land. I put mine in about 6 months ago and love it but after coming back from the range yesterday I noticed some "burrs" where it looks like the barrel assembly is slamming back into the frame. After talking to Ruger rep, they want to see it, so, out came the trigger this evening so the gun can go back as a "factory pistol". The photo attached is horrible but you can get an idea of what is happening. It's marring both sides of the frame, the side with the slide lock is worst. You need to keep an eye on the pin holding the safety feature on the main trigger, mine would back out after several hundred rounds.
Hello the burrs your talking about is it the burr I have pictured below? I have the same in both sides and yes mine is slightly worse on the magazine release side.

I looked at this after my first range trip and noticed it is where the feed ramp comes into contact with the frame, you can see the rub on each side of your feed ramp. I really did not think it was anything to worry about sometimes a barrel lug or feed ramp will contact the frame and cause a little wear in the frame or chassis some handguns sometimes show that wear at different spots inside the frame or chassis. I've shot maybe 600rds and after the first 100 or 200 those burrs did not get any worse or bigger.

If you have sent yours off I'm interested in what Ruger says please keep us updated but I'm guessing they say it's normal wear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I will get back with you and let everyone know. I generally notice if something is different about my guns when cleaning after a range visit, can't imagine this happening earlier and me never noticing. That burr mark is a hunk of metal that catches a "q-tip" swab and you can definitely feel it with you finger. Gotta wait till Monday to get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will get back with you and let everyone know. I generally notice if something is different about my guns when cleaning after a range visit, can't imagine this happening earlier and me never noticing. That burr mark is a hunk of metal that catches a "q-tip" swab and you can definitely feel it with you finger. Gotta wait till Monday to get the ball rolling.
Honestly if you have not already sent it to Ruger if I was you I would not send it in, I believe those marks/burrs to be totally normal wear marks and that is what Ruger is going to tell you. You seen my pic above right? I have the same marks and I talked to a buddy today who also has the Sec 9 and he has the same marks as well.

Now about the pin backing out which pin are you referring to exactly, the pin that is actually inside the Galloway Precision trigger shoe that holds the safety blade captive?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Honestly if you have not already sent it to Ruger if I was you I would not send it in, I believe those marks/burrs to be totally normal wear marks and that is what Ruger is going to tell you. You seen my pic above right? I have the same marks and I talked to a buddy today who also has the Sec 9 and he has the same marks as well.

Now about the pin backing out which pin are you referring to exactly, the pin that is actually inside the Galloway Precision trigger shoe that holds the safety blade captive?
That is the pin I'm trying to describe that holds the blade captive. Mine would back out, I ended up putting a little super glue on it ot slow it up from backing out. I'll be talking to the Ruger people on Monday, I'll let ya'll know what they say. If they call this normal wear and tear I will find that hard to take.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is the pin I'm trying to describe that holds the blade captive. Mine would back out, I ended up putting a little super glue on it ot slow it up from backing out. I'll be talking to the Ruger people on Monday, I'll let ya'll know what they say. If they call this normal wear and tear I will find that hard to take.
I will keep an eye on that trigger pin, have you called Galloway P and see what they say about it? It might be a good time to do so because you have the trigger out of they might exchange it for you or at the very least maybe they can send you a new pin and it might fit tighter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good idea to contact them while it's out, perhaps they will send a new pin, we'll see. First gotta find out what Ruger wants to do.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good idea to contact them while it's out, perhaps they will send a new pin, we'll see. First gotta find out what Ruger wants to do.
I know I'm just one person but like I was saying I know my Sec 9 and my buddies have those marks so I really believe it's normal. You could start a new thread with "Does this Security 9 look normal" and get more replies from other members and if you want to use my picture it's a little more clear. Who knows how long it might take to get it back from Ruger, normally they are super fast but with everything going on it could take a while so you could probably get a definitive answer from these this forum fairly quick.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for your opinion on sending to Ruger, they may just tell me to live with it like you say, but to me I feel like it is beyond normal wear so I will send or sell. It's not like that is the only gun I own.. Just moved the S&W 642 Air Weight with C/T along side the bed to replace the Security 9 while decision to keep or sell hanging in the air.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know I'm just one person but like I was saying I know my Sec 9 and my buddies have those marks so I really believe it's normal. You could start a new thread with "Does this Security 9 look normal" and get more replies from other members and if you want to use my picture it's a little more clear. Who knows how long it might take to get it back from Ruger, normally they are super fast but with everything going on it could take a while so you could probably get a definitive answer from these this forum fairly quick.
You were right, Ruger got back with me pretty quick and stated the "marks" are considered normal wear and tear. Time to put the Galloway trigger back in and shoot some more rounds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts