Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing rust on their security nine. I have only had mine for about 45 days,I’ve shot only about 200 rounds. I own two holsters one Kydex and one leather. I have read and some forms that you should not store your pistol in a leather holster which I don’t. I have contacted Ruger’s and I am currently shipping it off to them anyway I would love to hear your thoughts.Also I own the P345 which I have never had any issues with

·
Major
1,624 Posts
Are you wiping down your firearm after shooting? Finger sweat is one of the fastest ways to get rust to form.

FWIW, firearms should be stored in contact with as little of anything as possible. No holsters, pistol rugs, gun socks, etc. my long guns rest on their butts with the barrels in rubber coated notches and handguns are on plastic coated wire racks.

Welcome aboard from Connecticut!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding major I am wiping my fire arm down after firing I only noticed rust on one side of the pistol which is the right side I also carry on my right side. Upon further investigation I noticed my spring also was rusting I’m just not sure if it’s something that I was doing to contribute to the rusting

·
Major
1,624 Posts
Thanks for responding major I am wiping my fire arm down after firing I only noticed rust on one side of the pistol which is the right side I also carry on my right side. Upon further investigation I noticed my spring also was rusting I’m just not sure if it’s something that I was doing to contribute to the rusting
Sounds like a moisture issue. Is the holster leather or Kydex?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts