Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just traded for a Security Six Stainless Bicentennial with a 6" barrel.
Before I do anything crazy and use it as trade bait, how uncommon are these sec sixes in stainless with a 6" barrel? Does the Bicentennial stamp make it any more valuable?

Thx
Jim

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Jim,Like the others have said unless its New and Unfired and with the original box its not all that rare of a gun.I'm not sure of the exact production numbers but a lot of the Security-Sixes made in 1976 had that roll mark...

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I agree with the rest.
Enjoy and shoot the snot out of it. They are tough.

·
Registered
793 Posts
According to the RENE reference of Ruger firearms, there were a total of just over 80,000 Security, Service and Speed sixes made with "Made in the 200th year of American Liberty". I have seen many for sale at shows and not rare if that number is correct.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Do we get to see some pics?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I upload my pics to photobucket (free) and then copy (direct link option in photobucket) and then paste the link to my post using the "Insert Image" tool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1976 Police Service Six Stainless Steel Bicentennial Model

I tried to post a new thread and am not allowed even though

I registered

I got a Stainless Steel Bicentennial Model Ruger Police Service Six with the 2 inch barrel for $525

Is that a good price?

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
I tried to post a new thread and am not allowed even though

I registered

I got a Stainless Steel Bicentennial Model Ruger Police Service Six with the 2 inch barrel for $525

Is that a good price?
Unless its in the original box and has the papers and in good shape that price is on the high side.If it is mechanically tight and looks good to you and you are willing to spend that much then go for it...

·
Registered
534 Posts
I got a six inch stainless S6 a couple of years ago................really fun shooter. Mine's is basically a range gun and after a trip or two out, it became my favorite handgun. Their really great guns and a blast to shoot!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts