Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here they are! The "six" came off of lay-a-way and the mkiii was a suprise Christmas gift!

Got to do something about the grips on the six.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'd have it made into a round butt and put Pachmayr Compacs on it...wouldn't lose any strength and would be carry friendly and fit your paw better....

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have been thinking of changing her to a round butt. But i also found some grips for the square butt at cdnn. Seems they have wood finger groove "sile" grips for the six.

Also have 2 styles of rubber sile grips for the six---fingergroove an (pachmayer style)presentation. At 3 bucks a set, i'm gonna have to give at least one of them a try first!!!!!

Not enough range time with the "six" yet for a report. But i tried to play gunwriter and gave my opinion of the ruger mark III in the range report section.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Nice deputy - I'm like sheepdog...like the round butt. I had my 4" SS Security Six rounded years ago and love it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well, here they are! The "six" came off of lay-a-way and the mkiii was a suprise Christmas gift!

Got to do something about the grips on the six.

I have the same Security Six with the same grips.When I bought it,it had Pacmyar grips on it.I bought some Target grips from another member at rugerforum.com, and it looks and feels alot better!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts