Ruger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone with a security/service/speed six series revolver let me know if your crane has this split where the crane houses the ejector rod?
Bicycle part Automotive tire Rim Gas Auto part

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle Bicycle part

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine doesn't have it either. Sorry to say it, but that sure looks like a crack to me too!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I took a closer look; I don't believe there is an actual separation there. I tried to slide a piece of paper into it - no go. No amount of wiggling on the ejector rod caused any visible flexing in the thin portion of the crane material. I think there's just an abrupt overhang of material in that location. I haven't found a single account of a security six owner experiencing a break there, though the material is fairly thin. I need to take the ejector rod/ejector assembly out and shine a flashlight from inside the through-hole. If I can't see any light shining through, then I'll call it a day and carry on.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I took a closer look; I don't believe there is an actual separation there. I tried to slide a piece of paper into it - no go. No amount of wiggling on the ejector rod caused any visible flexing in the thin portion of the crane material. I think there's just an abrupt overhang of material in that location. I haven't found a single account of a security six owner experiencing a break there, though the material is fairly thin. I need to take the ejector rod/ejector assembly out and shine a flashlight from inside the through-hole. If I can't see any light shining through, then I'll call it a day and carry on.
None on mine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts