Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across what seems to be a deal on a security six with older wood grips at a LGS for $180. I'll be able to inspect it tomorrow. Short of actually firing it, I'd be interested in what you all may say would be deal breakers on this gun.
I will be happy to rehab it cosmetically and do some limited gun smithing within my limited ability.
What do you think?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Jack - Great thread - glad you asked the question because I've wondered what would be a deal breaker on one too. I've been looking at Security Sixes lately and the prices I see in LGS here are all $300 and up, $400 and up if condition is good to excellent. $180 sounds like a super deal if it's all there and functioning. Are parts an issue now or does Numerich, Brownell's, Midway, etc. have pretty much everything? I enjoy fiddling with my SPs and GPs but I know I can get parts and if I really do something stooopid I can always send it back to Ruger. The Security Six and variants have me wondering. (Oh but there's a real pretty SS Police Service Six at my favorite LGS for $400.....)

Wave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts