Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my Security Six last Winter, I bought the Rubber Sile grips from CDNN. They were much better than the two sets that came with the gun. I was shooting it again today and decided that I need a little larger grip since I have long hands. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
182 Posts
A few years back I started collecting Security Sixes and started looking for grips made during the same period. I see plenty on Ebay, but every now and then some nice period grips show up. Here's some that I've been able to find including these prized rare Pachmayr American Legends for the Security Six. Keep an eye out on ebay.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
+1 on the Hogues.

I have them on the Security Six that I keep in my living room and on my GP100 that I use as my alternative CCW.

They aren't pretty but they are 100% functional. If you want a gun that's comfortable to shoot that you'll have a great grip on; try Hogues. They're cheap and will transform your shooting.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have big hands~last Security Six I fired wore simple a Pachmayr Presentation grip..loved it so much they later went on two Redhawks I owned...

·
Registered
760 Posts
At first I purchased the Pachmayr grips but recently I have had my wooden Ruger Target grips installed. Sure like the look and feel of the wooden bigger grips!!!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I like the Pachmyer Signature grips on the Security/Service/Speed Six revolvers.

I do have Hogue grips on my S&W Model 60s and on my SP101, however and I like them as well on those revolvers. I do have a set Hogue grips on then way for a Speed Six however, so I'll eventually be able to compare them side by side.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the Pachmyer Signature grips on the Security/Service/Speed Six revolvers.

I do have Hogue grips on my S&W Model 60s and on my SP101, however and I like them as well on those revolvers. I do have a set Hogue grips on then way for a Speed Six however, so I'll eventually be able to compare them side by side.
These r the same ones I have in mine. Love them.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is what I have now. I would like to get something with a little more girth like I have on my S&Ws,the wooden target grips.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Try Grips4guns.com.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you have a set that fit and can work with them, I would think about keeping them. I have tried, I think, every grip brand out there and none fit. I just returned pachmayr gripper grip to Lyman, and today I got a set of Sile gripper grips from CDNN and they don't fit. These Sile grips don't meet flush you can see frame all the way around.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Personally I would get some Pachmayer Grips I had some on my Security Six they are very nice grips Hogues are ok but the Pachmayer's just feel better to me. I have a set of Pachmayer Gripper grips on my S&W Model 66 and really love them!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts