Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a gun show today in Cave City, Kentucky. I found this Security Six. It appears to be unfired (aside from factory). It has all papers, box, and even the protective sleeve for the box itself. It dates to 1978. I paid $583.00 OTD, which I don't think is too bad considering the condition. I noticed that the rifling on the inside of the barrel seems to still have the mill marks in it. They do not appear to be burnished from firing. This is my first time posting pictures-- I hope this works.

·
Super Moderator
21,402 Posts
Thats a fine looking 6. Reminds me of my first handgun a 6" Sec 6. Congrats.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Good looking Six for sure...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
What a beautiful gun! It does indeed appear to be "unfired new in box". If I owned it I'd struggle with taking it to the range vs. keeping it pristine.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thanks for the pics. You stumbled on a gem.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Congrats...on a great find! My GP100 (see Avatar) came in that way...with burn marks around only 2 of the six cylinder holes! Because I bought mine for personal defense, it's been shot several times since then! A Six from '78...I'd think real hard about shooting that! That might be one I'd keep clean and in 'collector' condition!

Still though...beautiful gun and great price!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Absolutely beautiful six! Great find...plus the original box is a huge plus!!!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great find, congratulations.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That is a real beauty. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine. Just plain old fun to shoot. I carry mine while hog hunting as a back up to my .30-30.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
She's a beauty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i had the stainless steel with 6" barrel and i really regret having sold it..

excellent gun with very mild recoil even with full loads...i think the pachmyr grip on mine had something to do with that plus it's quite hefty too..

i was shooting steel plates at 50m and could hit them most of the time if i do my part...

...had an offer i couldn't refuse at the time time but in hindsight i wish i did!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts