Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a Ruger Speed Six by my grandfather a few years ago. I am wanting to get a holster to carry the revolver, but none of the companies even lost the speed six as an option. They have the security six listed, I am wondering if the security six holster would fit the speed six ? If not, is there another model That has the same frame and build as the speed six ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Try Azula Holsters.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Any smith k frame holster will fit fine. If it is a very tight fit it may take a few days of drawing but it will work.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought a Simply Rugged 3" pancake for a S&W K frame Model 66 and my Speed Six fits in it perfectly.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
A security six holster will work fine, as will any holster made for a k frame Smith.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a single-six and use a leather Hunter holster which works great-It has a leather strap which wraps around the holster and has a snap just above the trigger

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I use leather holsters because they last longer and perform better as far as I'm concerned. The S&W "K" frame and Ruger Speed 6 and Security 6 will all fit in the same holster.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
The difference is the Security Six has adjustable rear sights. I have a S&W "K" frame holster for mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts