Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired my Security Six and am seeking a western belt holster. I'd like something tooled in leather. Anyone know of a good source to shop for something like that? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Late to the game, I know! El Paso and Simply Rugged are two of the holsters I have that perform well . Can’t go wrong with either! Hank

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
834 Posts
Sorry for the sidetrack, but that strikes me funny about finding a Security-Six holster.

Many years ago, on the other Ruger Forum, a member ran a "Mistery Box Karma" in which he collected names and picked one randomly to send a box full of mixed "goodies". I happened to be the winner and received a bunch of good stuff. Included was this black, "police-style" flap holster for what I figured was for a Colt Police Positive or S&W revolver, neither of which I had.

A few times, I tried to give the holster to a friend who had both Colts and S&Ws, but he always declined, saying that I should keep it or use it for trade on something else. So, this holster kicked around in my "Stuff Bin" (you know...we all have one of those).

Fast forward about 5-6 years and I pick up a very nice 150-prefix Security-Six that just kept calling me.

And I'll be darned, it fit that holster like a glove:

Again, sorry for the tangent.

Aqualung

·
Registered
37 Posts
I too think Simply Rugged makes good stuff. I've had good luck getting holsters made for a K frame Smith to fit the Six Series Rugers regardless of brand.

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
834 Posts
And that's a really nice looking flap holster for your 150- series .... don't think I've ever seen one of those before!
Thanks. It's a Gould & Goodrich EDW 34 model. That's what's stamped on the back of the belt loop flap.

It also has a swivel with a retention snap to allow to adjustment when sitting (mounting/dismounting a vehicle). It seems very well made and G&G seems to have a lot of other good holsters. Unfortunately for the OP, no Western-style.

Aqualung

Reactions: WindyHill6561

·
Registered
18 Posts
El Paso would be my choice. You’ll pay a bit more for it, but they really do nice work. That’s an Austin holster.
Hey Sgt127, Thanks for your service. I appreciate it. Like the looks of your El Paso holster cradling your engraved revolver-very nice indeed. I was told long ago to make sure that I had a holster that covers the trigger area to prevent a branch from hooking the trigger while walking in the woods? Not sure if that is really needed or not but have followed the advice but limits choices.

View attachment 152313

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have two holsters for my two Security Sixes. One is a Bianchi Model 111 Cyclone and the other is a Cross Draw rig from Kirkpatrick Leather. Both are left hand and are comfortable to wear either at the range or out in the field.
Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts