Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening all. I have a quick a question with what I hope is an easy answer...

I was given a Liberty roll-marked Security Six by my grandfather shortly after I was old enough to own it (some years ago now). The trigger has a serrated face and it is pretty rough on your finger during long double action practice sessions. If I purchase a new smooth face trigger from somewhere like Numrich (egunparts), will it "drop-in" or will there be fitting required?

Thank you in advance.
Matt

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Most likely a new trigger will fit but its easy to just remove the groves on the trigger you have.Money saved will buy a couple boxes of ammo

·
Registered
151 Posts
My daughter is taking classes at a local range and her revolver had the same problem shooting 50 rounds at a time. Didn't want to mar the gun so I put some heat shrink on the trigger, I'm sure I may have to do it again but maybe not until after her classes. She seems to like it now.

·
Registered
563 Posts
The smooth face trigger should drop right in without any problems. Keep the old trigger so that if you ever sell the gun you can include it in case the new owner wants to make it like it came from the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts