Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used stainless Security Six. It's cleaned up very nicely and will use it for my main target & local match gun. I'd like to lighten the double action trigger pull a bit and possibly even switch out the "groved" stock trigger to something smooth.

I have successfully broken down and cleaned the internals of the Six, so I'm cofident that I could switch out a spring and a few other internals with an aftermarket set. I'm a little more leary of taking a "file" to my existing hardware, unless someone had some very detailed pics and directions of something they've done. As always, thanks in advance to those who take the time to comment.

What are my options?

Jeff

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Jeff, Iowegan is our esteemed gunsmith and has written a guide for the work you need done. It is so simple, even I could do it. The guide is called his IBOK and although features the GP100, most also applies to the Security Six models too. He makes it available to members who request it. Send him a PM and a pizza and then enjoy the read when he sends you the IBOK.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I am here to tell you that a fixture is needed for reasembly of the trigger. The trigger return spring in my Security Six was returned alright, to Ruger for reassembly. By no means disassemble your trigger aside from removing the entire group as one piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts