Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Security-six with 6" barrel

1973 version 357/38spcl

what would be a fair general value - let's say good/great condition, but with use and normal wear?

I might have a chance to get this from a friend - want to know value...

also what info is there on the 6" barrel? how many were made? This is a less common barrel length right than the short ones right?

thanks for any info

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, I would say somewhere in the 3-500 dollar range is about right depending on condition. I don't think the 6" is very rare, but there definitely are more short barrels around.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Check out Guns International web site and see what they're selling for

·
Registered
793 Posts
I am fairly new to collecting the 2 3/4 and 4" in different variations. At the gunshops and gunshows I see the 6" marked for less than the others. I imagine the shorter barrels might sell quicker.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
I bought one from a friend of mine for 3 bills...

·
Registered
534 Posts
I paid $350 for my 1982 model/stainless about 1 1/2 years ago? Mine was/is as good a shape as any brand new gp100's I've looked at.:cool:
I've similar condition (and worst) guns go for $450-500 really fast online the last year or so??:D

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Rule of thumb, the longer the barrel, the less they are worth.

The 2 3/4" Six series guns, especially the .357 Speed and Service Sixes are selling really fast on GunBroker in the $4-500 range, depending on condition. I paid about $400 (in even up trade for a Glock 17) for a beater stainless .357 2 3/4" Speed Six to use as a knockaround carry piece. .38's are rarer but not worth as much to people who plan to carry them.

4" Sixes are the most common right now, but a 6" Security Six is not worth a premium. They're like GP100's, you can find used 4" and 6" models all over Gunbroker and the 6" models don't seem to sell as fast.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I paid $300 a year ago for a 6" SS in blue steel, minor holster wear. Great gun, much more accurate then I am. Fun to shoot even with stout 180 gr. loads.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts