Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I received this Hogue grip with a Security Six that I bought a few years ago. I never installed it til yesterday. It is now my favorite since I have large hands. Just shot it and it fills my hand better than others I have tried. I normally don't care for finger grooves but this one fits me perfectly. I know some will say it is too large for a snub but I need the larger grips.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Looks good to me. On my Speed Six I have a Hogue as it works for me. On some other guns Hogues do not.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Very very nice!!

Ron

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Beautiful! I might have to look into a set of those.

I have that same model of Security Six with Pachmayr "professionals" (exposed backstrap)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Very nice, they would look good on my 6" Security 6........robin

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
This style of Hogue grip would look really nice on my new SP101 .327FM!! BTW totally love the OP's Ruger Security Six 2.75 inch barrel .357 really nice one of these would make me forget a 3 inch GP100 or a 2.5 inch S&W K Frame!!!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Nice! I think that is the grip I might get for my GP100.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Those are very handsome Hogue wood grips. I don't mind large grips on short barreled revolvers at all, I don't like curling the pinky finger up underneath the grips.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Carrying my Security Six was a continual problem, until I minimized the extension of the grip poking through my shirt by installing the Herrett's Detective, "minimum dimensions" rather than custom fitted. The grip frame butt is covered only enough to give strength to the wood.

Strong forward cant in a holster helps a great deal with this, but those especially fitted to the Six Series are not so easy to find. The Desantis 001-14 has the cant that works for me and the fit specific to this gun, given only the drawback of being limited in belt width to 1 1/2".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts