Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm growing more interested in getting a Security Six but I'm not sure what is considered a good price. What's reasonable for a used, in good condition Security Six?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Silver or black ?
2 3/4" , 4" or 6" ? shorty does cost more.
Check GunBroker and deduct ~25% from the dreamers starting prices for a good price range.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
My LGS usually charges $350 - $375 for VG SS when he gets them in. Mine and the last ones he had, SS, 4&6" went for those prices and they were VG >EX condition.

But more commonly they're $400+.

Tops would be $550 for LNIB in the a configuration I was lusting over and I just HAD to have a SS.

The GP is technically a better gun.

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I bought 3 last year from the same LGS! All blued, a 2 5/8, a 4" and a 6" for $900.00. I've since been offered $700.00 for the snubby alone!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Recently a friend and I went 50/50 on a pair of stainless for 800.00. A 2 3/4" and a 4" in excellent condition plus an extra set of Ruger target grips. Being his 1st revolver he wanted the 4" so I gladly took the 2 3/4".

smithnframe- That trio was one heck of a deal.

·
Registered
331 Posts
>>My LGS usually charges $350 - $375 for VG SS when he gets them in<<

Please let me know where he is, as I'll buy them all at that price!

·
Registered
534 Posts
I bought my 6" barrel stainless for $350 about 3-4 years ago here in SoCal.
That was a really good price for one here, because they are few and far between in these parts.
So didn't waste much time trying buy it............just said "I take that one"!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts