Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a confession.

I am probably the only member of this forum who does not own a 10/22 or a Single Six variant or a Mark I/II/III.

I am Ruger rimfire impoverished. I have shot all of the above many times and like them all and had the idea I should add a convertible Single Six to the collection. So I'm looking around to see what I can find used in the local shops and I find this little Colt Peacemaker .22LR/.22MAG beckoning like a saloon dance hall girl.

Vintage 1975, case color frame, 6" barrel, with both cylinders. Nice action with the musical 4-click Colt single action serenade. Very good condition for a 37 year old shooter. A bit more expensive than a new Single Six but not as much as you might think.

So my good intentions to stay loyal to the Ruger brand have been derailed by the prancing pony....

Wave

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Sweeeeet!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
First, a confession.

I am probably the only member of this forum who does not own a 10/22 or a Single Six variant or a Mark I/II/III.

I am Ruger rimfire impoverished. I have shot all of the above many times and like them all and had the idea I should add a convertible Single Six to the collection. So I'm looking around to see what I can find used in the local shops and I find this little Colt Peacemaker .22LR/.22MAG beckoning like a saloon dance hall girl.
Vintage 1975, case color frame, 6" barrel, with both cylinders. Nice action with the musical 4-click Colt single action serenade. Very good condition for a 37 year old shooter. A bit more expensive than a new Single Six but not as much as you might think.

So my good intentions to stay loyal to the Ruger brand have been derailed by the prancing pony....

Wave
As much as I would love to, I don't own a 10/22 (illegal here) or a Six of any description (yet). :confused:
Beckoning like a saloon dance hall girl hey, well, we can see you are easily led..... :eek:
But seriously, nice find, obviously pre cared for.
Congratulations, it should shoot as good as it looks. ;)

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
I know exactly how you felt. My LGS has a similar vintage and condition with a 7 1/2" barrel and it's been calling me. Okay, darn, it's been screaming at me. Beautiful fit and finish and, oh yeah, the wonderful SA lockwork

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
I think you made a great choice.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Seduced by fhe Prancing Pony

Whoa! Wait! I clicked the thread expecting to see a picture of your new Ferrari. :D

Just kiddin'. Congratulations on a great find and a beautiful six shooter. That one's a keeper for sure.

·
Registered
687 Posts
...I am probably the only member of this forum who does not own a 10/22 or a Single Six variant or a Mark I/II/III...
I fit that description as well. I do have my eye set on a stainless Single Six .22 as soon as funds line up. I will then be disqualified. :D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Whoa! Wait! I clicked the thread expecting to see a picture of your new Ferrari. :D
That was my original thought as well..... :D

·
Banned
359 Posts
Congratulations. That is one beautiful revolver. And some day you'll probably have a Mark II anyway.

After all, you're not going to win a Rimfire Steel match with a single-action revolver.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Suh-weet!

Waveform - KUDOS !!! That's a real Suh-weeet little 6-gun ya got right there,Yes Sir! Which, also, appears to be, imho, in near Mint condition, in fact...I see very little, if any, evidence of any holster wear and/or even any patina whatsoever. Is there any evidence that it's even so much as been fired? ... ever at all? Really, really nice! A Real Classic!! ;)

Ascii - re: your: "That pony's got a nice patina on it too"
I respectfully beg to disagree re: "patina" as I see no patina whatsoever, rather only a factory color case hardened frame just as when it was brand new right out of the factory fresh box, thus my "near Mint" comment above . . . of course, my tired ol' eyes have been known to mis-lead me before :rolleyes:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Waveform - KUDOS !!! That's a real Suh-weeet little 6-gun ya got right there,Yes Sir! Which, also, appears to be, imho, in near Mint condition, in fact...I see very little, if any, evidence of any holster wear and/or even any patina whatsoever. Is there any evidence that it's even so much as been fired? ... ever at all? Really, really nice! A Real Classic!! ;)
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Can see you've got a good eye for a fine revolver..... ;)

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
And here I clicked on this thread thinking you were going to show me photos of your new Ferrari...

Nice Colt!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know exactly how you felt. My LGS has a similar vintage and condition with a 7 1/2" barrel and it's been calling me. Okay, darn, it's been screaming at me. Beautiful fit and finish and, oh yeah, the wonderful SA lockwork
I knew you would approve Ncg. You are the rimfire queen with your extensive collection. And I think one would look good added to your signature list so go ahead!

And here I clicked on this thread thinking you were going to show me photos of your new Ferrari...
Naw...I don't post pictures of my Ferrari here. I post them over on the Ferrari site (www.MyCarCostMoreThanYourHouse.com)

Ascii - re: your: "That pony's got a nice patina on it too"
I respectfully beg to disagree re: "patina" as I see no patina whatsoever, rather only a factory color case hardened frame just as when it was brand new right out of the factory fresh box, thus my "near Mint" comment above . . . of course, my tired ol' eyes have been known to mis-lead me before :rolleyes:
Thanks Tejano - and welcome to the forum by the way. The pictures are honest - only a few handling marks/light scratches here and there. No holster wear but it has been shot (and shall be shot some more!) The frame is case color hardened. Not "mint" or "LNIB" but very good condition overall.

Thanks all for the positive coments!

Wave

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Wave' that little Colt six-gun is to die for man! :eek:

What a beauty! ;) Good luck with it & happy shootin'...

I

1 - 20 of 26 Posts