Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other posts that I've put on this forum indicate that I am really happy with my SP101 and my P345. These are wonderful guns indeed, and I am delighted to have them.

Though my wife has shot both of them, these guns are a tad "too much gun" for her to really enjoy going to the range with me. Thus, I am beginning to think of getting her a .22 semi-auto, which I think she would really enjoy shooting. I can use the help of you experienced gun enthusiasts out there. Since I know virtually nothing about which model to consider, I'd appreciate your recommendations. Thanks, amigos!

Amistad
'going "gun crazy" in Texas!'

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
You're on the right track. There's nothing like the .22 for cheap practice and developing good shooting habits. I have both, a Mark111 Hunter, and the Bearcat and Single-six revolvers. They all work good for practice and very enjoyable for family shooting. Try to find out what she would like best for practicing. :D

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
How much $$$? For the semi-auto in the 22 persuasion I would be looking at a good used MKII. Lots of different configurations. bbl lengths amd I think stainless if I had the couice. Maybe the shorter bull barrel or the fluted variety. I just prefer the older MKII over the changes made in the MKIII or feel or the 22/45. Of course it's just my preference. How about a few pics from the members to help out in the selection?
If you could find a reasonable priced SP in 22 cal then you could have matched pairs. Or even try out a single six, there are both fixed sights and adj sight models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts