·
Jaded James
900 Posts
I'm a bit partial to steel targets. Nothing like that ting ting ting sound :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm a bit partial to steel targets. Nothing like that ting ting ting sound :D
As am I. However, the listed link is for the cheapest of the cheap steel set (yes, which I own). I only bring it out once in a while and the steel is not holding up well.

In my opinion, the self seal is better bang for the buck.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As am I. However, the listed link is for the cheapest of the cheap steel set (yes, which I own). I only bring it out once in a while and the steel is not holding up well.

In my opinion, the self seal is better bang for the buck.
I was leaning in the direction of steel but I can actually get the self seal for like 5 bucks cheaper and like you said I am starting to think it would hold up better then the steel.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
I also prefer steel - you get that ping and, with spinner targets, the spinner stops sooner with a metal spinner, so you're ready to go for the next shot, sooner. My self-seal targets have been holding up, better, yes, but steel is more fun.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I have some self seal Caldwell prairie dogs. Made stands out of lawn mower tires and water supply tubing, as the ground at my range is like cast iron.

I get a lot of use from one, for about $16 I can't complain. With my shooting, they get pretty shot up from head to butt, instead of one spot............:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts