Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Ruger American Duty in 9mm. My previous pistol used .40 S&W ammo. I’ve got somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 rounds in the .40 S&W in FMJ. Plus some JHP ammo in the same caliber.

How does one go about selling or trading ammo? I would like to obtain 9mm in place of the 40 cal and would be willing to trade round for round.

TexOkie
NE OK

·
Registered
624 Posts
The most convenient would be FTF the least would involve mailing.

I liquidated some .45acp and .22lr to acquaintances for decent profit but if you don’t have local gun friends try posting on a local trading times or gun board.

Ammo still in original packaging is easy to move now even at a profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Regardless of the current 9mm craze (because the FBI chose it), 40 S&W is still a popular round and doing a trade should be fairly easy. You can post an ad and wait. I prefer to trade with family, friends, coworkers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The most convenient would be FTF the least would involve mailing.

I liquidated some .45acp and .22lr to acquaintances for decent profit but if you don’t have local gun friends try posting on a local trading times or gun board.

Ammo still in original packaging is easy to move now even at a profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any particular gun board better than others? The FMJ is still in the original box, but the JHP is loose, so I figure I’m stuck with that ammo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Regardless of the current 9mm craze (because the FBI chose it), 40 S&W is still a popular round and doing a trade should be fairly easy. You can post an ad and wait. I prefer to trade with family, friends, coworkers.
Unfortunately, none of my friends or family have 40 cal pistols. They all have 9mm as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the FBI chose 10mm after several of their agents in Florida got their butts handed to them using 9mm. Have they now reversed their course?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Unfortunately, none of my friends or family have 40 cal pistols. They all have 9mm as well.
I'm in the same boat with .44 Mag and Special...and some .45 Colt. Looking for trades, but nobody that I personally know needs them
I thought the FBI chose 10mm after several of their agents in Florida got their butts handed to them using 9mm. Have they now reversed their course?
Long story short...FBI adopted the10mm, but it was too powerful for certain FBI employees to handle. They wanted a less powerful round...you know, to make things more equal and fair for ALL employees of ALL genders (only 2 declared genders back then). The result was the 40 S&W.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in the same boat with .44 Mag and Special...and some .45 Colt. Looking for trades, but nobody that I personally know needs them

Long story short...FBI adopted the10mm, but it was too powerful for certain FBI employees to handle. They wanted a less powerful round...you know, to make things more equal and fair for ALL employees of ALL genders (only genders 2 back then). The result was the 40 S&W.
I wonder if agents are allowed to carry their own pistols? The 40S&W is a better put em down round than the 9, but if an agent wanted to carry a 10, I would hope the agency would allow it. But it’s the gubment so they probably wouldn’t.

·
Pony Soldier
8,865 Posts
I traded a fellow my .380 ammo for his 38Special, round for round.
He posted on a Nebraska firearms board. You could maybe look into Armslist in your state to find someone willing to trade.
Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.