Ruger Forum banner

sendin one to the factory?

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  caryc 
#1 ·
has anyone ever sent one back to ruger? my 95 stopped workin in double action iam goin to call them monday , just wondered how they are for CS and turn around time???

#2 ·
I have sent 3 Rugers back to the factory. One, a Security Six, I screwed up myself trying to unscrew the ejector rod I went the wrong way and tore it completely off. They fixed it by replacing the entire cylinder, crane, the whole thing and did not charge me a dime. This was my fault and on a model Ruger no longer makes. They told me not to send aftermarket grips with the gun. I had a set of Houges on it so I took them off and sent the gun gripless. They also replaced the grips and did not charge me a dime! The other two guns were Old Models I sent to have re-blued. I took the Old Model parts out of them and sent them in (two guns, two separate times). They only charged $50.00 each to reblue the guns. (OF course, when I got them back I re-converted them back to the way they are supposed to be!) Turn around time was pretty good in all three cases. It has been a long time ago, so I can't tell you exactly how long it took, but I think about 3 weeks in all cases. Unless they have changed, you can't bear Ruger customer service.

#4 ·
If the gun is messed up through no fault of yours they usually wont charge nothing. Or at least they used to not charge nothing, including shipping it back to you. But, like I said, it has been several years since I sent one back.

#5 ·
shaner, make sure you call the service & repair number first. Discuss the problem with the Ruger rep. They use to send a box and mailer for return to the factory. If they tell you to ship, go to your dealer and have him do it. Lots cheaper. They may reimburse if it is determined to be other than operator error / normal wear. Let us know how it goes. Ruger doesn't have a 'warranty' but usually fix anything sent in.

#6 ·
well tried all day today got beep beep beep , ill shoot for tomorrow , mondays probobly bad news, has to be a factory fix all i was doin was shooting it next thing i know it stopped functioning? i tore the slide off cants see anything wrong maybe up under that decoking area? the trigger stops like 3/4 of the way back on double action?

#7 ·
well got ahold of them today she said sounds serious send it in by ups,has to go to prescott, az had a nice chat withthe lady did find out there isnt a ruger family member left in the corp, all were bought out , sort of sad but thats biz so she told me 4-5week turn around time so notto bad i guess[?]

#9 ·
well ok, they tell me at ruger to box it up and ups ,or fedex it to them an they will ship it so i do , i go to 4 shipping places and all of them see who its addressed to an say oh is this a handgun , i said yes , a repair for customer service and they say ohhhhhhhh we cant ship firearms anymore and iam like ruger told me to have it shipped to them, finally one says maybe a FFL would do it, so i stopped at 2 of my regular dealers and yes they will for 25 bucks plus shipping????
so icome home call ruger ,, they said oh they are wrong but we have got a lot of this lately, so she says we can send a shipping label an try to take it to a main hub ?? which for me is 65 miles away and they still may not do it,
so we start talkin about whats wrong withthe gun, she sends me over to tech support, the lady says well its the firingpin plunger spring, under the rear sight, yu can replace it yurself ?? by takin the rear sight off , an puttin the new parts in , very simple she says, soooo now iam waiting for parts? what a mess[B)]

#10 ·
ok iam back on this got the p95 fixed tonite, after i discussed with rugerthe shipping problems a very nice lady suggested talkin with colleen in tech , so i did we tore the gun down while i was on the phone with her, and found out the fireing pin plunger was brokin, so she ask if i thought i could fix it myself i said sure an she walked me thru it anyhow , so i got the new parts today and fixed it in like 15 mins, yeeeeeeeFFFFFFFinnnnn haaawwwwww so didnt have to send it in an got it fixed for basicly free, sure cant complain about the C/S of ruger , they were in prescottand iam goin to email the company an praise them both to the uppers, just a job well done , :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#14 ·
I sent my Vaquero back to the factory. The hammer could be pushed off its cocked position. They paid shipping and I had my gun back in two weeks. I don't know what they did, but that gun came back problem fixed and with the sweetest trigger pull I have ever seen on any blackhawk. Good company with good customer service.

#15 ·
In thirty years that I have sold Ruger firearms, I have never had nothing but good experiences with their service. As a dealer, they never questioned me. They just sent me parts needed or I shipped the firearm to them and they shipped it back fixed properly. When Ruger re-blued handguns for me; they came back looking like new, test-fired, and with the target that they used. They checked out the gun and test-fired it before they retured it to me. Unbelievable service!

#16 ·
My credo is Buy American when you can.
Ruger is a very good company. I am glad I am not a gun snob, a yuppie, or a houdy toudy, that I would miss the opportunity to purchase and enjoy the great products of this company.
Just MHO!!

#19 ·
Handguns Ship UPS

I believe the only legal way to ship a handgun to a manufacturer or gunsmith/ repair facility is UPS next day. Long guns can go USPS but most folks use UPS for shipping. FWIW...

#20 · (Edited)
Do not listen to any of those multi shipping places with Fedex when they tell you "We can't ship a gun" I stood and argued with one of those morons until I finally said, "fine can you show me your book of shipping regulations and let's see what it ways?". She got on the phone with someone and handed the phone to me. I explained that I was shipping to the FFL [guns manufacturer] and she said OK. I gave the phone back to the idiot who listened for a minute and hung up. She quickly changed her tune.

They were going to charge me $108 to ship the gun. I found a Fedex hub 25 miles from me that shipped it for $65.

Better yet, if you are going to ship to Ruger, get your local gun store FFL to ship it for you. They can ship USPS Priority Mail for like $20 or around there.

You, as a regular person have to ship either UPS next day air or Fedex next day air.

Your gun store FFL can ship it by United States Postal Service for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.