Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well finally did it, sent my GP100 4.2" off to Marc at Gemini today, so in about 12 weeks or less it should come back a little shorter at 3" and have the V8 porting, along with polishing trigger, hammer, pins, cylinder release, and ejection rod, skeletonize the trigger guard, the frame and barrel will be bead blasted.
The only thing undecided is to remove all the roll marks from the barrel or slab side the barrel.

The action and hammer bob were done by TJ's customs a while back.

It's going to be a long 12 weeks. Stay tuned for finished pictures.

·
Registered
319 Posts
What do you mean by “skeletonise trigger gguard? I like the looks of a slab sided 3” barrel. Dave Clements has some pictures of them on his website. Clements custom guns. I have a gp100 that I want to customize. My plans are to convert it to .41spl. Cut and slab side the barrel to 3”. Action and accurizing job. I have thought about the bead blasted finish, but I think I will go with the brushed stainless. I haven’t finalized anything, but I am thinking Jack Huntington. Congratulations! I am sure you will end up with a fine custom!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,802 Posts
Gemini does nice work and I freely ripped off a lot of ideas from them back when I was in my GP100 tinkering phase. There are still a couple of GP100 projects in the back of my mind and Gemini is to blame for all the GP100s taking up space in the safe. Looking forward to seeing the finished results.

·
Righteous Dude
21,519 Posts
Cool! That skeletonized trigger guard is a really neat touch. I look forward to the finished product. 😊

·
Super Moderator
4,043 Posts
Uh oh. I just looked up Gemini Customs. I knew of them but I didn't know where they were. Turns out the shop is about 45 minutes from my house. That is NOT good news for my wallet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts