Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used stainless Ruger New model Blackhawk. When I go to the ruger site to look up the date of mfg. it tells me it can't find that number and it isn't in the older listings either. Can anyone tell me what gives? Tom

Registered
Whats the gun? and the first few of the number? we can figure it out pretty quick.

Registered
Have you tried changing the last couple digits? Are you sure you didn't have a typo with the first three digits?

Registered
serial number....

Welcome to the Forum, and per the 'RENE" listing your gun is from 1977...........this makes it a "pre warning" model.

(RENE is the tag for Red Eagle News Exchange out of Perry ,Iowa)

Ruger Tinkerer
1977 per the Ruger website too. Anything older than 2000 you have to use the drop down menu. The instructions are there but a lot of folks don't bother to read the info beyond the "Sorry we are unable to locate that serial number."

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
serial #

Thanks for all the help and info. Sorry I missed the ruger site info, my computer skill and reading comprehension are lacking in my old age. Tom

Ruger Tinkerer
Don't feel bad Tom - the way Ruger has the serial numbers on the website is not very intuitive. It's a relatively new way to search and I think the old way they had it was better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts