Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at a used service six in a gun shop. Almost bought it but during inspection noticed that there was no return on the ejector. My guess it is missing the spring or washer.

But my question is, will Ruger still service it if I send it in. Considering the gun is probably decades old. I probably will call them if I can get through tomorrow. I thought it couldn't hurt to ask of anybody has experience with sending out of production guns in for repair. I have owned several Rugers over the years and never needed any customer service, so I am ignorant on what to expect.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruger no longer services the Six Series revolvers. Parts are available on ebay.
Thanks, I won't bother calling them. I figured I could buy the parts from numrich, but worried it could be more serious, like a damaged cylinder. I will steer clear of the gun most likely.

·
Banned
650 Posts
You can get most parts for a Service Six from Numrich. The spring you are looking for does not have to be the exact part. If you cannot buy a part a competent gunsmith will have a piece of spring stock that can be cut to fit your service six. I had the same problem with a pistol of mine. My gunsmith fixed the star ejector in a jiffy for $30. He also cleaned many decades of varnish and other gunk out of the cylinder crane. I actually thought the bottom pin the cylinder crane rides on was bent. The pin was not bent, it was encrusted in varnish that required a strong solvent to remove the varnish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts