Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive had the rifle now for about 4 months, taken it to the range quite a bit and even used it for shooting pig. I like it! It carries well and shoots easy. Ive paid the Ruger "tax" by adding the following items.

Ching Sling from Andy's Leathr; really really like the sling, I used it hunting and found that it carried the rifle well and using the sling as a steady aid for aiming and shooting works great for getting off a quick shot

Timmney Trigger for the GSR; the trigger was ok before, but I was looking for that break the way that Cooper describes it, like a glass rod breaking, and the Timmney does it well. I have it adjusted to 3lbs and it breaks ohhhhh so nice now. You can definitely tell the difference

Mounted a Leupold 1.5-4V variable Scout scope on it, and what can I say its a great scope for the rifle. Brightness is great and the lens are crystal clear!

Also changed out the Muzzle device to a Kies Blast Master Linear Compensator. This device is suppose to focus the noise from the muzzle blast away from the shooter and make things a little better. I wanted to try one out and when I went hunting it worked out fine, no ear plugs for the shot needed and really very little muzzle rise. I also tried out the PWS FSC30 Flash Suppressing Compensator. This one did a fantastic job of eliminating muzzle rise and reducing felt recoil, but it was wicked loud.

So thats is for my Ruger GSR, Its a great gun, it does everything that I wanted it to do, Thanks for reading!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
They are a nice rifle, congratulations.
Great choice of scope also.
Pics. not showing up (to me anyway).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Drool***

I have been seriously considering this as my next rifle.. how do you find its accuracy at the range?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Drool***

I have been seriously considering this as my next rifle.. how do you find its accuracy at the range?
For me accuracy out to 200 yds is about 2" When I hunt I use Buffalo Boar 308 sniper rounds, with that ammo it will drive roof nails in. As far as range, I've gone out to 600 yds with 9" paper plates.

What made the biggest diff though was the Timney trigger, I just like it to much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts