Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have to say that Davidson's/GoG was great. Ordered my 1740 on Monday, got it today. She is a beauty. It's my first revolver, and I think it has helped make me into a wheelgun guy. I don't think this is a gun I will ever sell. Here's her first pics, nothing special yet. Sorry if it is taboo to double post pics in different areas.

Attachments

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,549 Posts
It's taboo to say you bought something without posting pics :)
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
chonkie,
That is a beautiful piece of art you have there. Congratulations. The best thing is it will shoot great just the way it is. The only thing that I ever change on mine is the grips and the front sight to the red ramp front sight. Just me and really no need to do that for a great GP straight out of the box.
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
109 Posts
FiremanJones: Nice choice of revolver.
Consider doing all the internal changes [polishing bearing surfaces and swapping out the springs] you want before polishing the outside of the gun.
I'm polishing my third Ruger (SP101).
Even though the focus is on an SP101, most of the information in this link applies to your GP100 as well: Ruger SP101 Trigger Job Guide
My first gun took about 5 months to polish properly. The second gun only took 3 months because I learned a little. I don't use any machinery to polish guns. 3M polishing sheets take the metal down to about 1 micron (very shiny).
Remember, you should take the gun apart to shine individual parts.
PM me if you want to know more about polishing stainless steel.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Welcome aboard this is a very good forum.
Surprised to see you live in Texas & this is your first wheel gun��
I would place a bet saying it will not be your last!!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Glad you got it so quickly. Congrats and let the fun begin!

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
That GP100 is a solid tool that will outlive all of us.
Good choice.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Mine has been fantastic!
I have no need to change a thing...except the front sight.

I've ordered 3 Rugers through Gallery of Guns and have great experiences. I hope nothing ever goes wrong with any of them, but their lifetime guarantee is there to protect your investment.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PM me if you want to know more about polishing stainless steel.
Fell asleep with the gun, what works best to remove drool stains. Have also had the imprint of the cylinder on my face all day. :D just kiddin, but will PM you for that info.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome aboard this is a very good forum.
Surprised to see you live in Texas & this is your first wheel gun��
I would place a bet saying it will not be your last!!
You would win that bet. Heck, I was already looking at what I want next before this one got here. Probably going with an lcr for concealed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts