Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another thread I was poking fun at my favorite Sheepdog and his old timey ways. I jokingly asked if he used flint speed loaders with his first service pistol. Well, not wanting to take a joke too far, I did some research and I stand corrected. Turns out they used speed STRIPS back in the day. I stand corrected.

Love ya, Sheepdog! Don't bite! [B)]

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Combine the internet with Photoshop and anything is possible!

I was thinking about those flintlocks, I bet they had some hang fires, huh? Wonder how many people got shot while somebody's staring sideways at the pistol they pulled the trigger on ten seconds ago.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Zippo, had they been around, coulda made millions with the "Thumbfire" pistol...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Tkarter, the first color photo has been developed by Sr. James Maxwell in 1861. So, that's probably his pistola especially made for Sheepdog. :D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
What color was it? Black or white? Everyone knows Kodacolor was the first...the best...the only....40 million ads couldn't be wrong...could they? I hate to disappoint EddieF, but my .45 dueling pistols had 4 barrels...duckfoot design...I won all my duels....

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts
And here I thought you used bow and arrows and daggers for back up!:D

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
many times we think we are the only opnes with new ideas and sometimes find out that our fore fathers have the same idea just a different method of doing the same basic job. we learn everyday, thanks Eddie for sharing

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah, serious warrior types with flintlocks carried a larger pair and a smaller pair...hence 4 shots...what would they have given for a modern semi-auto/14 rounds and 4 extra clips...times have changed...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
haven't seen but one of those before-what caliber-how old-where made...cool....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's crazy lookin. Looks like one of those things that starts out as something else entirely, then unfolds into a pistol.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guarantee some time around 1910, some guy tried to figure out a way to rig three more firing pins so he could shoot all four at once.

That guy's name? Probably Sheepdog.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
There are some truly amazing designs out there.

i still like the semi-auto revolver that was actually made. saw it on history of the gun on tv and they said it was in the old maultese falcon movie and did see some service as private purchase.

Sheepdog---i always figured you as a walker colt kind of guy!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's funny, blade, because when you look at the end of that gun, it looks just like the face of the person it's pointed at. It's like a mirror! [:0]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts