Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you probably have no idea who this guy was ... but back in the 50s and 60s he had a huge following in Southern California. My brother and I were cartoon fans so we watched this guy every day ... even when we outgrew his target demographic. There was just something that was really cool and corny about this guy.

'Sheriff' John Rovick dies at 93; popular L.A. children's TV host - latimes.com

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I do remember Sheriff John....His lead cartoon in the days before Rocky and Bullwinkel...was CRUSADER RABBIT ! He was a regular in my house, just before dinner, and also at noon, on days when I was out of school.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Out of New York we had Officer Joe Bolton who would show three stooges films, give safety advice, and have guests show up from time to time, including a stooge now and then.

Then we had Chuck McCann doing his cartoon show, and Andy Divine with his kids show.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I remember watching Sheriff John one day when the back drop set fell over on him. His comment was "Well they don't make jails like they used to".

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
childhood cartoons.

Out of New York we had Officer Joe Bolton who would show three stooges films, give safety advice, and have guests show up from time to time, including a stooge now and then.

Then we had Chuck McCann doing his cartoon show, and Andy Divine with his kids show.
It has been a long tome since I thought of officer joe bolton and chuck Mccan and I also remember Soupy Sales.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Don't forget Engineer Bill. Bill Stella. "Red Light"....."Green Light"....cuz no good engineer would ever run a red light !

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Cary... I had a couple of freight car models on Engineer Bill's show. It was a big deal to me in those days.

For those who never saw Sheriff John, think of Mr Rogers in Andy of Mayberry's uniform.
Very mellow character.

Hard to equate that form of Television to Law & Order SVU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts