Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RVN11B gave me an idea for the next interactive target shooting game.

I think everyone who wants to should print out a picture of a pumpkin on an 8.5x11 piece of paper, and shoot a jack-o-lantern face into it! Then take a picture, post it here and we'll have voting. What do you think?

Possible rules (open for discussion):

Pumpkins must be shot from at least five yards.

Any weapon, any caliber may be used.

Judging will be based on accuracy, style, originality, with extra points given for greater distance or other factors that make it more difficult (such as no rest, one handed, whatever). Extra points also given for shooting a real pumpkin and taking pictures of that. (I don't think my range would approve, but some of you back yard shooters might want to try that.)

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I don't think you would recognize anything similar to a jack-o-lantern if I did that!
My local range allows paper shooting only.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
quote:I think everyone who wants to should print out a picture of a pumpkin on an 8.5x11 piece of paper, and shoot a jack-o-lantern face into it!
That would make a great paper target, but I think one should specify wether it was shot with a handgun or rifle.... and ah no shotguns allowed. :D

·
Registered
714 Posts
Well! From one of those backyard range shooters....[}:)]

You just gave ME a good idea!

Ill just go ahead and shoot up some of them evil pumpkins in my back yard and then Ill have both some fun shooting AND a new pumpkin patch!

:D

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Now cut that out! You're losing it EddieF...I can't draw and cut out a decent jack-o-lantern, let alone shoot one.:D Think I'll just stick with the regular target match.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rman, in addition to not being able to draw, you seem to have some difficulty following instructions! Print one out! Then I bet you could make a face with bullet holes from five yards with a scoped rifle, if not, you're right, you should stick to regular target shooting. Or possibly bowling!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You're a cold-hearted dude, EddieF...coooooooold-hearted!!!!
(but I needed the rest...it's usually ME has to rank on Rman...:D)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, truth be told I'm not sure I could shoot a face into a picture of a pumpkin. I'm just waiting for someone else to try it!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
'pends on WHOSE face I had to shoot into the picture of a pumpkin-I can think of a couple I could shoot into the picture of a pumpkin PIE!!!
Oh, 'scuse me...I thought this was the Minefield...wrong door......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts