Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2 3/4" revolvers to the range the other day and consistently shot low right with them. I tried changing my grip and stance, elbows in and out, extended arms in and out and nothing seemed to make a difference. I know I wasn't flinching and the shots were in a reasonable group.

When I shoot one handed the shots are on center. And when other people shoot them, they are on center. I've also raised the rear sight as far as it will go. I don't and didn't have this issue with semi autos or single actions that I shoot on the same range sessions.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Since it's not the pistol, it has to be something about the way you're holding it. Typically, impacts consistently low right (for a right handed shooter) are the result of squeezing the whole hand while pulling the trigger. You say it doesn't happen when you shoot one-handed, so it may be that your off hand is unconsciously squeezing when you take a two-handed stance. Another possibility is jerking the trigger, but since you don't have the problem one-handed (where jerking would be even more noticeable), that doesn't seem as likely.

Jim

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,335 Posts
Same problem, I thought it was my SR9C. Practice, or GOOD practice makes perfect. I'm nowhere near perfection but proper grip and recognition of dominant eye made a lot of difference.

·
Banned
650 Posts
leave some fired cases in your revolver. Spin the cylinder and close it. With any luck when you click on the fired case it should be obvious why you are pulling off.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sounds like you are left handed?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Dry fire at a small mark one handed then two. See how the sights move both ways.
Is the position of your finger on the trigger the same for one and two handed grip?
Could be worse, you could be missing both ways.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
PRESS TRIGGER. when my shots are there it is because my focus is gone and I am attacking that trigger as soon as the sights fall on target. the act of grabbing that trigger pulls the sights into never never land. maintain good grip, press trigger slowly at first, be surprised when the round is discharged. re-focus on that trigger control. I sometimes loose focus just because I enjoy shooting so much. the result is wasting bullets. I think I am focused but really am far from it. when I take that deep breath and refocus magically my shots are back on target.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts