Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just watched it. Cool movie, I guess, although politically repugnant.

Levon Helm's character was awesome. But my favorite part? Rhona Freakin' Mitra. This woman is one of the top three most beautiful people on earth. She gives me that funny feeling in my stomach. [}:)] [:p]

·
Registered
431 Posts
I liked the movie too, but if you want to read the book, it's called 'Point of Impact' and it's by Stephen Hunter. Good stuff.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stephen Hunter. I first became aware of him when he wrote a stunningly good article about the end of the Winchester Model 94. When I learned he was a novelist, I went out and bought a book of his. Can't remember which one but I didn't like it, didn't get too far into it. But I wanted to like him, so I'll give Point of Impact a 'shot,' so to speak. Thanks!

·
Registered
842 Posts
I haven't seen the movie but read the book some time back. Since a movie is often much different from the original story in the book it was based on, I wondered if it was any good. Think I'll try to rent it some time this week.
Baker

·
Banned
282 Posts
Good movie, although a bit far-fetched gun FX in some parts. Great book, and series of books. Stephen Hunter has written many. Some are about Bob Lee Swagger, and some about his father, Earl Swagger, a fictional WW2 sniper and later Arkensas State Trooper. Some books about neither of them.

A listing of his work can be found at; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hunter

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Even better is the book SHOOTER</u> which is the autobiography of marine sniper Gunnery Sergeant Jack Coughlin a present day sniper in Iraq.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts