Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried any of the Shooter’s World line of powders? This line of powder is available in a couple of my LGS.
Shooter’s World powders are made in the Czech Republic and reportedly have a good reputation in Europe and have only recently been made available on this side of the pond.

I’m interested primarily in SW4350 to use in the 30-06, 6.5x55, and the .257 Roberts. Also interested in Tactical Rifle for use in the .308 and .223/5.56.

The SW4350 is an extruded powder and is reported to be the slowest of the 4350’s (SW4350, H-4350, Accurate 4350, or IMR 4350), I’ve not seen any references to it in any of my loading manuals or in any of the gun rags or on line (forums). I do know that one has to download their loading information from the net. Tactical Rifle is a ball powder and supposedly gives good accuracy & velocity in the .308 and .223/5.56.

I have developed loads for the aforementioned cartridges utilizing other IMR and Accurate powders. I just don’t want to use much of my supply for practice. Also, I’m always looking for alternatives – know what I mean?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have used some of their pistol powders for 9mm and 45acp. Worked well.
This was back when they first started selling here in the states.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dwarren123 - Thanks for the response!
I'm currently prepping "a bucket" of brass. Once that's done, I'll be loading some '06 and Swede for trials. May not get to shoot til after the 1st, but I want to be ready if opportunity knocks!

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Registered
17 Posts
My local shop has carried Shooters World powder in the past but it's nowhere to be seen at the moment. The powders are much cheaper than other brands and individuals that I know that use it like it a lot. If it ever turns back up I'll pick up a few lbs. of pistol powder.

·
Registered
62 Posts
When things stabilize and one the resellers runs one of those specials offering free/discounted hazmat with minimum purchase amount or if I'm already doing a hazmat order, I'll probably pick up a few 1 lb canisters of the most likely choices of Shooters World powder.

I won't however waste money doing sample trials of any powder. The order size better justify the hazmat & shipping charge.

Supersonic 300 blackout powder

Ball powder equivalent for Winchester 748/WC846

Varget/match extruded powder

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Interesting ... I've not heard of them

·
Registered
27 Posts
The lack of data specifically for Shooter's World is a problem for me. The main retailer has a conversion chart for SW powders that are equivalent to Accurate or other powders. There has been no problem to date with SW 4350. For Precision Rifle to jury is still out. Start conservative with any SW powder. Nobody ever got into trouble reloading being conservative.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The lack of data specifically for Shooter's World is a problem for me. The main retailer has a conversion chart for SW powders that are equivalent to Accurate or other powders. There has been no problem to date with SW 4350. For Precision Rifle to jury is still out. Start conservative with any SW powder. Nobody ever got into trouble reloading being conservative.

I don't see a lack of data.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Never heard of it but I'd certainly try it. Modern manufacturing of powders is state of the art . Besides the Czech Republic is home of Cezka zbrojovka ( CZ ) firearms which are world class. I'd trust it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
In Italy we have them known as Lovex, they are good economic powder.
I've only used them in Ar15 .223
A friend of mine uses in .308win with results as good as Vihtavuori, but I always say that he has "more ass than soul" (that means more luck than... you could imagine)
Enclosed our reference reloading guide View attachment lovex.pdf

Sent with 82.7 gn of N560

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve used their powders for a few years now. The pistol powders are, some would say, the same as the Accurate brand. My chronograph seems to support that. They meter well and are very...accurate in my reloads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts