Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been tweaking my No1v223 the reloading and more so improving the skills of nut behind the stock for awhile each time out improves. Today over 500m was spanking holes better than ever. A few vballs some 6's and 5's.
With 10 shots for a possible score of 60 I'm getting 54 now :)

oh vballs or super center @500m is a hole in a circle under 72mm or 2.83inchs

·
Registered
153 Posts
What powder and bullet are you using? I have never shot my 1V at that distance but have a 1000 yard range with a gong at 500 yards that I can use. It would be a hoot to hit the gong with a 223.
FM

·
Banned
402 Posts
What powder ?
what bullet ?
what bullet weight ?
How did you work up the load ?
what glass are you using ?
what kind of rest ?
how do you case prep ?
How did you establish seating dept ?
What's the wind deflection of the bullet 8--10--15 MPH cross wind. ?
What wind flags do you use ?
I left out about 10 other things

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
55g nosler ballistic points with 25g of 2208H my old winy cases seem to work best with CCi primers. I think its about .020 off the land not sure this was set by other helpful chap when I started reloading, I just use template round made by him for me.
Case prep by hand n rag with Inox MX3 oil I do clean out the primer pocket with tool and twist a few times with case trimmer the case lube is quik shot.
Wind flags set by my club range brezze was light over my shoulder yesterday

This picture should show the other Q about gear I do bag the stock.
Leopold 6.5 x 20 x 40mm with cheap non OEM alloy rings

oh thats not my target behind that just a 100m load test & zero paper

target are fullbore club like these HRSLRCtargets

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Good shooting fella.
I haven't put my #1 over one hundred metres yet.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok stand by my clubs got the 600 meter shoot this Sat we'll see how it goes Oh 600m is 656 yards reckon that'll be about its practical on target limit

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
55g nosler ballistic points with 25g of 2208H my old winy cases seem to work best with CCi primers. I think its about .020 off the land not sure this was set by other helpful chap when I started reloading, I just use template round made by him for me.
Case prep by hand n rag with Inox MX3 oil I do clean out the primer pocket with tool and twist a few times with case trimmer the case lube is quik shot.
Wind flags set by my club range brezze was light over my shoulder yesterday

This picture should show the other Q about gear I do bag the stock.
Leopold 6.5 x 20 x 40mm with cheap non OEM alloy rings

oh thats not my target behind that just a 100m load test & zero paper

target are fullbore club like these HRSLRCtargets
Nice set up, nice gun, nice shooting.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just back a 45 and 46 score, I,m pretty happy with that 1st time @600 as light but gusty cross wind and heat mirage playing havoc with us all lifting and pushin side ways some shots. Next goal to test 60 grain pills and get over a 50 score n start to push the club gurus with their top end full bore kits.

note correction my full bore club is over 100 years old so its range is in yards so 600 yards today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts