Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did lil upgrade to my shooting range y'day. My daughter's are 14 & 16yrs old & back when they were littles...I built an 8x8' platform in backyard for their playhouse to sit on. Obviously, platform has been abandoned for several yrs. So I repurposed it!

With help of my neighbor & his tractor we moved it about 20ft...

Pulled up each corner first...one at a time

Couple tow straps and we lifted it completely & moved 20ft to where my shooting bench resides...

Dug four new holes and got platform all level...

Some over the bench views...

Pressure washed it today...once dry I'll slap some fresh stain on it.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Hirschjäger
734 Posts
Nice!

Someday, when I grow up and retire, I'm going to have a place of my own to shoot...

Aqualung

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Looks like you’ve got enough room for a grill too........

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This how the bench used to sit...

My dad, stepbrother & me built that bench back in 1985 and had it setup bout 300yds back in woods behind my dad's house. Dad said when we hauled it back there he figured it'd never come out. I had a buddy help me haul it out in Dec 2017.

Brought it home & replaced the seat boards and top boards. My 14yr old daughter helped me with that renovation and she & I have been shooting off of it since then.

Now that I have it up off the ground it should last a few more years. Lol

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
452 Posts
It’s great to be able to shoot right out your back door. I’ve enjoyed that pleasure for over 25 years now. My bench doesn’t look as good as yours though, it might be time to upgrade mine a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts