Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went shooting today with the Mark III Hunter and SR22P. The Mark III is equipped with an Aimpoint H-1 Red Dot, while the SR22P sports the Crimston Trace Rail Master. Shooting at ten yards, I thought it would be fun to compare the groupings:

I went through about 500 rounds between the two pistols. Not a single feeding or firing issue. Both guns are as reliable as old hound dogs.
(Yes, I know I'm not a great shot. Blame me not the pistols. But at least it is the same poor shooter using both guns.)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got rid of my CT, since it always was on in any of my 4 holsters.

While I had it, milk jug tops were an endangered specie though.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
The Mark III is definitely more accurate. Or at least more consistent. But not by much. I'm more and more impressed with the SR22P every time I see a range report.

·
Registered
784 Posts
2 very ice pistols and I have both. My daughters like shooting the SR22. I like both. I've noticed that the Mark 111 knocks down the metal targets at the silhouette range while that's iffy with the SR22. The longer barrel makes a difference in accuracy and knockdown power. Yiogo

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 very ice pistols and I have both. My daughters like shooting the SR22. I like both. I've noticed that the Mark 111 knocks down the metal targets at the silhouette range while that's iffy with the SR22. The longer barrel makes a difference in accuracy and knockdown power. Yiogo
Interesting information and thank you. Yes, that makes sense; the 6.88" barrel on the Mark III should, and evidently does, allow for a zippier velocity. The 22 LR is after all a rifle round. Both pistols are a joy to shoot.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
Went shooting today with the Mark III Hunter and SR22P. The Mark III is equipped with an Aimpoint H-1 Red Dot, while the SR22P sports the Crimston Trace Rail Master. Shooting at ten yards, I thought it would be fun to compare the groupings:

I went through about 500 rounds between the two pistols. Not a single feeding or firing issue. Both guns are as reliable as old hound dogs.
(Yes, I know I'm not a great shot. Blame me not the pistols. But at least it is the same poor shooter using both guns.)
Looks like a good day at the range to me!

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Targets look good. Mark III seems to be a little more accurate. Wish I could join you for some fun.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Looks like you had a great day at the range shooting two great guns. I love my SR-22.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like you had a great day at the range shooting two great guns. I love my SR-22.
Going to take a lunch break today and shoot the SR22P some more to see if I can tighten those groups up a bit!

·
Bat Man
1,672 Posts
Sounds like a good plan, range time! I find the SR22P more "fun" to shoot, moving parts, sound... just very fun to shoot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts