Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-
Looking for speer gold dot short barrel ammo for my lcr .357. That or another mfg short barrel ammo. What retailers generally carry this type of ammo? I can find it online but trying to find locally. Thanks.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Speer Gold Dot SB was developed to compete with the Winchester Ranger and Federal HST. Since 357 mag was abandoned by LE back in the 1990's Winchester and Federal LE do not make those loads. For other calibers you still have these options.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Don't worry too much about the little details. The .357 magnum in an American made name brand in hollow point will be more than adequate for your use.
The main thing is can you shoot it accuratly enough to make it useful? If you think you can handle a .357 in a light snubby you had better try it and make sure. If you have nevet fired one you may be surprised. This not a round for the inexperienced shooter.
Just my oppionion.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hornady Critical Defense is also made for short barrels. Also, guardjim is right about shooting a .357 from that gun. Much more accurate with a .38 round.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts