Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a SR40c as my first hand gun. I bought it because of how well it fit in my hand, and the prior shooting of another 40 caliber Taurus 24/7 my father owns.

The fit of the SR40c is much better in my hand(average size). I also love the way the trigger pull is so smooth, and short compared to the Taurus. The sites of the Sr40c are spot on, and even though I had to work through the newbie low and left. I put 150 rounds of target grade shells with no light strikes and no jams.Then I got to reading this informative site, and decided to remove the magazine safety release.Then didn't have a chance to fire it until today. I put 200 of the same grade shells through with no miss fires or jams. The trigger pull seems to be the same but it does seem to return smoother? Not sure how to describe it, but I'm very happy.

Needless to say I have a very understanding wife, and I was able to pick up a SR9c on Friday. I decided to try one after reading what you the members of this board were saying about the gun. I actually picked up a LC9 with a lazer(same price) and thought hard about it. The biggest thing that sold me on the SR9c was the trigger pull. It was half that of the LC9. I decided on the SR9c due to the love of my SR40c. I got it home, cleaned it quick and also removed the MSR. I put 100 rounds of cheap stuff, and 100 rounds of semi cheap rounds through with no problems, only one miss fire.The miss fire occurred mid clip, I cleared it and it continued to fire with no issue.

Now I'm at a crossroads, I love my 40 but I really like the 9. I'm more accurate with the 9, but I like the thump of the 40. The feel is the same, but the cost of fun is about a $10 difference. I've even gotten as curious as to use a crappy micrometer to see the width difference. (Its about 1/8 of a in.)All in all I would recommend either of these as a carry gun. I just wish I could get more of the short mags in my area. I also am looking for a IWB holster for them. Any recommendations? :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it a fairly sung fit? I'm very active during the day with the work I do, so I don't want something that I'm going to have to adjust all the time.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I don't have problems with it moving... What they say about the suede backing holds true for me... it grips and holds quite steady, and the clip is simple but adequate.

You could go with the polycarbonate version if you want really heavy-duty...

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
Congrats. I'm a little more accurate with my 9 than my .40 also but they sure are fun. Reloading helps with the cost. Here is another option for a holster. Your gun will stay put and is very comfortable.

THE HOLSTER STORE |

·
Registered
332 Posts
I also am looking for a IWB holster for them. Any recommendations? :D
Since you say IWB and considering the weight and bulk [I know ... they're both compacks] of the SR40C and the SR9C I would strongly suggest you consider a holster such as, or similar to, THIS, if leather, or THIS if kyex. I'll guarantee you the added stability provided by the design will prove more utilitarian for you over the long haul. The two belt clips do make a dramatic difference!

Some folks prefer leather and some prefer kydex. I have both and either will provide concealment, stability, ready access, effortless reholstering, comfort, and long life. Both companies offer a quality product, a reasonable price, and great customer support.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts