Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I went out this morning and put 10 rounds through my new pistol and I am well pleased. At about 10 yards all bullets went into a group around 2 1/2 inches. W/in that 2 1/2 inch circle three holes touched each other TWICE. So I have a superbly accurate pistol that I need to get used to. I was shooting brass cased, berdan primed ,military ball, 115 grainers. Although I have virtually no frame of reference w/ shooting 9mms my impression was that the ammo ran a little on the hot side and was somewhat snappy. I tuned my pistol before shooting it and lubed it well.......NO FTF, FTE, NO PROBLEMS. Trigger has a little creep but that will diminish with use, and I can eliminate it w/ a trigger job. It's a keeper....when I tailor loads later on I'll be even more accurate. Many thanks to members for 9mm load recipes/advice. LOVE my new KP89.......just like I thought I would. The slide to frame fitting on the KP 89 is different from my KP90. The right side bottom of the slide touches or almost touches the frame on its right side. The left bottom of the slide is not as close and has a bit of free, no contact clearance. The left side of the slide, at its front bottom, where it is reduced in size to house the guide rod and recoil into the dust cover, slightly touches the inside left of the dust cover at its foward upper edge. "At rest" there is clearance on both sides of that rouded portion of the slide.On my KP 90 if I push the slide laterally to the left or right I cannot, in either direction, get that rounded, bottom portion of the slide to touch the frame inner dust cover surface. On the KP 89, if I push the slide to the left it will contact the dust cover slightly. If I push the slide to the right, I cannot close the clearance to zero. I AM VERY INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF FITTING SETUP YOU HAVE ON YOUR 89s. These fitting variances ON the KP89, and differences FROM the KP90 are something I attribute to normal production deviations (within spec). I'm not worried about anything........just curious what your 89s are like. I have a superb shooter....great gun. I'm realy glad I got a 9mm.....I'm really going to enjoy it. That's to be expected.........it's a Ruger!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
i'm in the process of saving money right now. Don't really need a 9 but i'm getting the wants and hopefully will be aquiring a p93 sometime this year---or at least that is the plan. Of course a p89 might come along right, or a mini 14, or a.....................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts