Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2016 SHOT Show is about six weeks away. Got any tidbits you've heard or read to share?

I'll start:

-- According to a blog, S&W will introduce 2nd Generation M&P Pistols targeting both the Law Enforcement community and the US Army Modular Handgun System Replacement;

-- The same blog rumors a Springfield Armory XDs in .40 S&W;

-- A nearby LGS rumors a single stack FNH 9mm;

-- An out-of-town gun shop owner I spoke with a few weeks weeks ago rumored a Ruger revamping of the SR line to compete better with the Glock/S&W M&P lines;

-- As noted in at least one thread and a number of posts on this Forum, LCP prices have dropped noticeably in recent weeks...is something in the works for the LCP?

Feel free to post other rumors you've heard or read here.

·
Ruger Connesewer ;)
444 Posts
A known-reliable source - stated here a few days ago - that Ruger has decided to go ahead with the .22 GP-100. I hope the rumor about both the new M&P's and the SR-series is true!! Unhappy to see though - that Ruger has not come thru on earlier quasi-promises about more LCRx's - especially in .22LR ...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Still holding my breath for a Ruger SR45c. Starting to turn purple. :/

·
Registered
765 Posts
Planetcat I'm with you on the SR45c. Been trying to stay away from the other compact .45's on the market.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Planetcat I'm with you on the SR45c. Been trying to stay away from the other compact .45's on the market.
I broke down last year and bought a USP .45c. While it is an amazing .45 acp compact pistol, I could have bought 2 SR pistols for the same price. I'll still buy an SR45c when or if they come out.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I broke down last year and bought a USP .45c. While it is an amazing .45 acp compact pistol, I could have bought 2 SR pistols for the same price. I'll still buy an SR45c when or if they come out.
I've been looking at the Kahr CT45 and the Sig P250. I'll holdout as long as I can.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The 2016 SHOT Show is about six weeks away. Got any tidbits you've heard or read to share?

-- An out-of-town gun shop owner I spoke with a few weeks weeks ago rumored a Ruger revamping of the SR line to compete better with the Glock/S&W M&P lines;
Now what can that be? Maybe SR's can be had without the safety? 10mm or .357 Sig? Single stack compact?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I am not an auto guy, but I have pretty much "standardized" on the Ruger P-series.........so Ruger will have to make some serious changes to the SR pistols to get wheelgun and die-hard metal frame auto guys like me to cross over.

FN is bringing out a single stack 9mm............yawn............people will still buy Glock 43's in bunches, FN is WAY late to the game on this one.

.22 LR GP100? I'll buy one, I need a "target" .22 LR revolver, my .22 SP101 is pretty much a "kit gun" at this point.

At this point I pretty much ignore anything S&W is doing. I passed on a reasonably priced used 9mm Shield yesterday, and I'm looking for a compact 9........I just didn't want it. I'm trying to sell myself on an SR9c or 40c. An SR45c will sway a lot of people, I think, since a .45 ACP in that size is a good handful of power in a small package. The market is awash with micro 9's.

If Ruger wanted to sell guns in bunches, they would bring back the PC9 and PC40, since pistol caliber carbines are hot as heck right now........with all this ISIS stuff going on, people want "response weapons" that take the same mags as their pistols, and use the same ammo. Make PC9's that take SR9 mags..........it will increase the sale of SR's too, since peope will want the "set".

Perfect and make the 10/22 Magnum.........in a plastic or rubber stock with a flash hider and bayonet lug.........Ruger would sell TONS of these...with little or no change to tooling and dies for the 10/22.......it just needs a steel receiver, and a barrel chambered for .22 WMR.....The existing BX25 mags could easily be produced to accept .22 WMR...........the waiting list for those Kel-Tec .22 WMR carbines is long, and the 10/22 Mag would be a much better gun. 25 rounds of .22 WMR in a handy, reliable, compact semi-auto carbine? Yes please......that would be an awesome kit rifle, HD carbine, "Zombie" gun, etc. I would buy 3 of them. It would be like a Mini M1 Carbine.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The GP in 22 LR would only be desirable gun if it was a tack driver. For instance like the Dan Wesson 22 LR was, but I don't think it sold very well. With the accuracy I have seen out of the Single Six line of Rugers I would not count on it being a tack driver. My MKIII Hunter is a tack-driver for sure. Even the Single Six reviews I have seen in Gun Mags do not impress me with accuracy. I am sure there are many SS that are accurate, but I haven't run across them. I have an old Arminus 22 made in West Germany that does better. A recent mag had a review of a Bear Cat. Very sad in the accuracy department.

If the GP was as accurate or more accurate than a MKIII it would be great.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I really think Ruger dropped the price on the current LCP line because it's going to introduce a new LCP line, perhaps a LCPs or LCP Pro. Fingers crossed for a stricter fired version, it would make it a great little CCW .

·
Registered
17,236 Posts
Now what can that be? Maybe SR's can be had without the safety? 10mm or .357 Sig? Single stack compact?
That'd get me to lookin at'em!

...and make the 10/22 Magnum.........in a plastic or rubber stock with a flash hider and bayonet lug.........Ruger would sell TONS of these...with little or no change to tooling and dies for the 10/22.......it just needs a steel receiver, and a barrel chambered for .22 WMR
Sign me up for one of those too, only in blue and wood, and no hider.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting that you should say that; about three years ago Ruger filed the following trademarks:

-- RUGER COMBAT WEAPON SERIES
-- RUGER COMBAT PISTOLS
-- RUGER COMBAT 357
-- RUGER COMBAT 9
-- RUGER COMBAT 40
-- RUGER COMBAT 45

All of the trademarks were subsequently listed: ABANDONED - NO STATEMENT OF USE FILED.

I wonder if perhaps the rumored SR Series revamping could be the resurrection of the abandoned Combat Series. (?)

·
Registered
592 Posts
How about an SR series that has Ruger's affordability, resembles an M&P, has the dependability of a Glock, and uses existing magazines. Manual safety still an option for those of us who don't mind it; Maybe a less obtrusive lci; Possibly no mag safety.
AND/OR
A new hammer fired series with a low bore axis and a de-cocker.
AND/OR
Carbines that use existing SR magazines.

·
too great for words
661 Posts
Haven't heard any rumors but it would be nice if Ruger had a version of the SR pistols without the superfluous safety crap.

I'd also like to see the P series come back but that's just a pipe dream. Guess I'll have to settle for Sigs, PX4's, and CZ's to fulfill my Decocker DA/SA lust.

Oh, how about a new LCR in .45 acp. That would be cool. Or their own version of a .410 revolver. Yeah, a 3" .410 LCR.

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I would expect a "45E," and SR45C, and how about a pistol version of the AR556 - something to compete with the Kel Tec PLR-16?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Interesting tidbit - one of the local guns stores around here (with several locations) just had a large sale on multiple S&W models - hadn't occurred to me that it might be in part due to inventory clearing steps in preparation for new models.

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm going to throw this out from left field...

As a big-bore fan, I love what Ruger has done with the Distributor Exclusive 5-shot Bisley's, the Alaskan's, and the Super Redhawks in .44 mag, .454 Casull, and .480 Ruger. But where I am still wanting is for Ruger to step up and give us a half-inch bore! That's right! I would LOVE to see a 5-shot .50 Caliber Super Redhawk! Whether it's .500 S&W (unlikely), .500 JRH, .50 Action Express, or (and this would be my personal choice) the .500 Linebaugh, I would be in heaven if Ruger would give us a .50 Cal revolver.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts