Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the whole SHOT show thing. Where's the best place to go to find out about updates?

·
Registered
108 Posts
For fastest updates, YouTube gets a lot of videos up quickly after show opening. Also haunt the manufacturers websites as they usually time web launch with the show. Other than that follow your favorite forums :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Jeff and Boge Quinn from gunblast.com do a great job of covering the shot show. They seem to know everyone there and are quite knowledgeable. They do a day-by-day rundown of all the latest shooting sports goodies.

Best Regards,
ADP3

·
Registered
286 Posts
I went for a day in 2007. One day is NOT nearly enough.

I MISSED so much as I did not know certain people were there, and there is just SO MUCH there. Its crazy awesome, but can be overwhelming.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Now, I am sure I am completely wrong on this, but I've heard that unless you are actually part of the industry, or journalist/reviewer etc, that you can't even get in the door? Is this just hogwash?

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Now, I am sure I am completely wrong on this, but I've heard that unless you are actually part of the industry, or journalist/reviewer etc, that you can't even get in the door? Is this just hogwash?
This is correct. It states right on the website that you need to be in the industry to be able to attend. Now I am sure that people that are friends of people in the industry slip in, but it is not open to the general public.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Two years ago they even clamped down on spouses, unless they were involved in the industry.

The Show was getting too crowded.
We used to be able to walk the floor & hit everything in a full four days, no longer possible, gotten too big.
Denis

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks for the info. I can understand there reasoning I suppose. But, it would be nice for enthusiasts to be able to attend. That's what they should do! Have one extra day for all us Joe Blow types to attend!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Trust me- there's absolutely no way possible for them to open SHOT up to the general public.

The Show is a trade event, makers to sell & buyers to buy (or write up orders).
It draws from all around the globe.

It is huge.
As mentioned, it grew so crowded it was hard to get through the aisles for the past few years.

That's why they had to remove spouses & family members, those who weren't buyers or press.

If they opened the doors to the public, nobody'd be able to move anywhere inside the building.

Not a matter of being snooty, just a matter of no ROOM! :)
Denis

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Not sure why they keep doing SHOT show. All the newest gun models get released later in the year and toward the end of the year. At least with Ruger they do.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Ruger's moved away from announcing everything new at SHOT & gone to parceling them out during the year.

Other makers still release at SHOT, or at least display new at SHOT for buyers to look at & write orders on.

It's grown every year, it's just THE American firearms/outdoor industry trade show.

And only 60% or so is guns.

Knives, camping, ATVs, hunting gear, all add up.
Denis

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I'm glad to hear all this, it means the Arms industry is thriving, and more $$$$ made by major manufacturers means more $$$$ to silence the anti-gunners..........do you really think companies that make billions a year are going to let politicians pass anti-gun laws and put them out of business?

$ = powerful friends and political favors, always has, always will.

I'd rather the SHOT show be so crowded the general public can't get it, vs. hearing about a SHOT show that's like a small town flea market.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Gunblast.com is the best place to see SHOT and the NRA shows. They USUALLY have videos up the night of or day after they go. SHOT gets 4 vids usually including the Media day at the range. Yankee Marshal will be posting pics on his instagram. And of course Kimber has already released news of their new revolver.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts