Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took my new girlfriend, the Model 12, out this morning for some clay fun.

Keep in mind I'm just getting in to this, but I felt pretty good about my performance (and the M12's).

I started out with the wobble trap I mentioned before. The easiest game out there, last time I got scores (out of 25) of 6, 13 and 16. Today I shot two rounds, started with a 7 but bounced back for my all time high of 17!

Then I shot a round of skeet. Much, much harder, but I think the wobble trap rounds helped me get a handle on my sight picture. I got a 13/25, which is great for me. With my 870 even after a lesson I was still only able to get 6 or 7. Was it Johngoboom or Deputy who told me there's just something about how this gun points!

Then I tried regular trap. This is kind of hard too, and I was worried with this little 16 ga. modified choke that I wouldn't have the 'reach' for trap. But I got rounds of 8 and 10.

Not great scores, but IMPROVING scores, which I am very happy about! Plus I just had a ton of fun.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Aw Jesus, shooting's hard enough, you didn't tell me there would be SEWING involved! I doubt I could IRON on a patch!
I don't know if people still sew the patches on like they used to or not. Last few times I went shooting trap at the club, the "pros" didn't have any on their vests. Maybe that went out of shooting fashion awhile ago.

When I was a kid, guys would have 25 straight, 50 straight, and so on. I remember one gentlemen who shot at the club that had a 250 straight patch. Now that takes practice!:)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, 250 straight means you should try left handed or something, it's clearly too easy for you.

I did see one guy yesterday with a single patch on his back that said league champions or something, maybe he won the vest. I actually want to get a vest, need to start looking around for one.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
If your having fun, that's what counts. Then you'll want to shoot more and that's called practice. Pretty soon you'll be unhappy when you don't hit most of them!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Get you some of them shirts that have padding quilting built in for the shoulder-----or is that out of fashion now-a-days?

I always thought they looked sharp but dang it---far and few with it on the left shoulder!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
just turn the T shirt inside out and and wear it back wards lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts